Monday, July 12, 2021

If there's nothing to report, there's nothing to write about.

Okay, there's plenty I just haven't felt like delving into other subjects.  Mostly this blog is reserved for the daily events in my life.  

It's Sunday, I'm home and will not be going back out on the road until after I get my medical card renewed.  That will happen, likely tomorrow morning.  Plenty of things I can do over in that town, including taking my AR to the store and getting a scope mounted on it and hopefully finding some ammo and maybe firing off some rounds.  

However, I'd rather do the target practice on the - 2 acres turned into a fraction of an acre.  No one goes on that property, the nearest house is - half a mile? and there is already a place set up where I can shoot off rounds without possibility of a stray bullet hitting someone, somewhere.  

The new property will be even better.  Simply hike down into the basin and there is no possibility of bullets going anywhere near humans, since it's down below the surrounding properties.  I'll be going over there as much as possible the week of the 19th and seeing if the surveyors show up and watching their progress.  

I've been doing more reading about RV park construction.  I've spent a lot of time doing that, lol.  But people keep referring to TCEQ regulations - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - and how "hard it is" to deal with it, but I've read the portions that refer to RV parks and I don't see what they're talking about.  I won't have my own water supply, I won't have to deal with them on that.  I won't charge separately for water, that will be included in the cost of  the stay, I won't have to deal with that either.  

Wastewater I already knew about.  I won't be dealing with that, a licensed, bonded, insured company will do that for me.  In fact the storm water permit is the only thing I can see that may be an issue, and that is only during construction.  

I've discussed this here before, but unless there is something I am missing, I don't foresee that big of a deal.  

___________________

The recurring them in all of these RV forums is "if you build it, they will come".  I post about my intentions on various forums to see what people have to say about the particular type of setup I am proposing.  I haven't had a single person tell me that the layout of the park is somehow - wrong or bad.  Most of them say you really need a bath house with good water pressure and hot water.  

I dunno about that, it would cost a small fortune to have a contractor come in and build even a 2 room structure like that.  That's "I need to get a large loan" territory.  But so many people want that in a park.....I've got the room for one, that's about all I can say about that.  Maybe something for further down the road?  Or get that big loan right off the bat and get these operation rolling.  

Whatever the case, it's Monday morning and I am fixing to head over to the bigger town to the west and get my medical certificate renewed.  Do I expect any problems? No, but then again, getting older, you never know. Usually it's blood pressure that jinxes people, but I have been doing stuff the last several days to make sure I pass that at least.  

Just need to drink a few more large glasses of water and I'm out of here.

Have a great day!

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...