Wednesday, August 11, 2021

 Although I do want another run tomorrow, I do not want to do it in someone else's truck.  I reported mine yesterday when I got back with a broken off quarter panel. It's a plastic cover that goes over the tires, the bracket broke off and the panel was just dragging on the tires.  No idea how long it was doing that, it wasn't making any noise and impossible to see from the rear view mirrors.  It had small holes rubbed through it so it was doing it for awhile.  However, that is an easy fix.  

When my dispatcher told me to take Dusty's truck, I asked what was wrong with mine?  That panel isn't even a DOT warning or ticket, it isn't legally required on there. The only thing I have to have on there is a mud flap at the rear of the tires on the rear axle.  "Ryan said the sensor needed to be replaced and and it is on backorder". What sensor, I thought.  I have been reporting an engine light on on the truck for -  2 months now. Apparently they found that after writing up the panel.  

I actually don't really care about reporting things anymore, but I do it because it is mandatory. What I don't do is keep giving the reports to the mechanics, over and over, for them to ignore. I just give it to them once in their mailbox as required and that's that. The report gets sent into the headquarters via email when I send my trip paperwork in and that's it after I give it to the mechanics once.  I find it annoying and aggravating to continuously give them the same problem to have them do nothing about it.  I said something to my manager and that mechanic about it once. Why do you want us to write up things wrong with the trucks and you don't fix it? Or you don't even read the reports, you just trash them or file them?  

No answer.  

Anyway, I asked if this driver knows that someone else is taking his truck? Why isn't that driver driving?  It is a big time no no to be driving other people's trucks, at least among drivers, in the trucking industry.  I don't want anyone else driving my truck and I know - especially those that keep their trucks clean - they don't want anyone else driving theirs either.  She replied she didn't know, it was Brandon's (manager) call and that Dusty is out of surgery recovering.  Surgery?!!  She didn't elaborate on what it was, I didn't ask, not my business.  He keeps his truck immaculate, I can say that.  

So I said to her I don't like driving other driver's trucks, especially Dusty, he's particular about his truck.  She replied that she didn't have any choice, she's down 5 drivers otherwise she wouldn't have asked.  Well fortunately, it's a 9:00 am load, I'm going to need to get there early to get stuff out of my truck to put in there. Paper towels, my laptop, charging wires, bedding, water, etc.  That's the other thing about switching trucks, all the stuff you want with you on a trip? You'll have to take out of one truck and put it into the other. I won't be using any of his stuff in there, it's drive down to Brownsville and hopefully come right back up the next morning and get that over with and hope that my truck is finished for the next run.  

And if there are no empties down there, I will be getting myself a hotel room and just do that instead of staying in someone else's truck.  I dunno if that truck has a refrigerator so I won't be taking any food. Fortunately the Brownsville run has several options going down to find decent food to eat along the way.  

As for today, the boys played in that pool for hours.  Phoenix didn't even want to get out until mama said time to get out. Us old folks had had enough - it's really hot outside.  5 foot pool that's less than 2 feet tall, only little kids are getting in there. Those of us on the porch - sweating and just nasty. The pool was a good idea, but it's welcome had worn out lol. 

The gentleman that brought the other boy was asking why I wanted to build an RV park?  Umm, just a dream of mine that I've had for a long time.  Yea but there's several parks in the area. Yup and they're full or mostly full.  True. Cooks road? Yes.  He named the former sheriff.  that lives there and another RV park.  Yes, there is another RV park but it's private, membership only thing. You can't just get online and book it.  It's no competition at all.  I knew the Sheriff lived on that street, I didn't know where.  Apparently a few hundred feet from where my intended property lies.  Oh, that's interesting.  

He lives up the hill on the other side, my traffic won't be coming by him, fortunately, I don't need people starting trouble.  RV parks are generally quiet, an exception might be families with noisy kids or drunks making loud noise and blaring music.  The latter will not be welcome.  Drink if you please, but if you get drunk and start trouble with people, you are going to be thrown right out of there. It will be clearly written in my park rules.  Quiet hours will be from 10 pm til 8 am, the general rule of thumb I have found for parks, tho some say 7 am.  

I dunno, I have thought about conflicts, I have addressed several of them, I can't foresee everything.  I'm not going door to door asking people's opinions, there is a reason people move to the county - get away from city restrictions and more importantly, do whatever you please.  There are no HOA's, no associations, that was determined right from the get go.  All the things I have found that could be impediments to progress I have addressed. There may be other things that I don't know about, c'est la vie.  


No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...