Wednesday, March 1, 2023

 Wasted tired. 

As normal, I woke up in the middle of the night.  And then? I couldn't get back to sleep.  I laid there at least 4 hours wide awake. I know, I should have gotten up and done something, I just didn't want to.  My mind wasn't full of anything, either. 

After that, I had this weird dream where I was put in charge of offerings for a church - I don't know what church, where or even who the people were.  For some reason, I didn't deposit the offerings but I didn't do anything with them either. They just sat in a book somewhere. Then finally, a person spoke up and said something like "when are you going to deposit some money into the account? I haven't seen anything going in there in a long time".  

Then this dude accused me of stealing money from the offerings, called some government agency and "reported me" to them.  Said  I was using the money to take time off from work.  

There is only one time in my life where I was in control of counting offerings and then giving it to the person to deposit it.  It was probably a 6 month gig.  I never stole a dime from that offering plate and trust me, I was completely broke at the time, while I was a volunteer missionary. I went 3 full months without any money at all, not even a single dollar bill during that time.  Somehow, the leader of the group got wind that I was counting the offering and immediately suspected me of stealing from it. He didn't actually say that, but it was glaringly obvious.  

He removed me from that position and put two other people in my place.  

That's what memory that dream brought up.  Dreams can be so strange.  There are things you find yourself doing in some of them that if you wake up from it, you think: I would never do that!  As for the dream, I didn't even have the bank account number to make the deposit and was asking, when someone gives me the account number to deposit it to, I will deposit it! But that didn't explain why I didn't ask for that number before. Yet, I knew in the dream that I didn't intend on taking any of it for myself?  

Anyway, I am so tired right now I don't know if I'm going to be capable of doing anything today.  I am stuck on that shed and it was starting to annoy me yesterday afternoon. There are 2 pieces that go on the top of it for the roof. They attach to either side of the shed and are like a giant v, sloping down, I would assume for rain runoff.  But the holes don't align with holes on the front piece. I'd have to severally angle them in to make them align and you can tell from the pics in the instruction book it isn't supposed to be like that.

I have gone over every single point of the instructions from the beginning to where I'm at now and can't figure it out.  I am not going to waste much more time with it, tho, I will just drill new holes if I have to.  Everything else is lining up exactly where it should be.  Perplexed, it was hot yesterday afternoon when I got to that point and must have wasted half an hour trying to figure it out. I ran out of water and decided to go get some and take a break.

This is the damaged shed, btw, that they replaced for free and  let me keep that one.  I figured I could just put the water heater in that one and nothing else.  It is damaged, most of it is scraped up and unsightly looking.  There are dings in it but nothing to stop me from putting it together.  All the hardware appears to be there as well.  Plus, the metal is thin enough that even if there was damage to any of the panels, I could probably just force it back into shape.

I do not feel bad, at all, about getting the other one for free. First, I left it in the box after seeing the damage and just decided they could have it back.  I paid for new, I want it to look new.  Second, it is damaged and definitely could use a paint job.  But I'm not going to fool with it, just put it together and put it to use. It will be behind the shed anyway.  

I guess I will go over there today before it starts raining and see if I can get the rest of it together. It's holding me up from placing the water heater where I need it, which is holding me up from running wiring.  Ok, I could run the wiring for everything else, but I wanted this done first.  I'd really like to get the other one put together, too, so I can have a place to store my tools.  

I do need to go to the bank and deposit a check with 3 lot rents on it.  And look at my book and see who owes what, when.  Quickbooks is basically doing my accounting for me.  I everything that goes into or out of the business checking accounting automatically gets entered into quickbooks. It's much easier than I thought it would be.  But starting today, since it's the first of March, I'm going to start keeping a paper version of books of everything.  

And yes, it's supposed to rain this afternoon, the forecast has actually stayed the same about that since yesterday. 

Keto.  My size 35 waist pants are falling off my butt now.  When I started this adventure at 232 pounds, naked, my pants were very tight and I was facing either going to 36 or doing something drastic.  I felt the need to do something drastic.  If this continues, I will be back in 34's soon enough.  My belt as well. It was on the last hole before having to get another belt.  

It's now down 3 holes. That's probably a better sign of fat loss than looking at the scale every morning.  It's quite motivating and keeps me focused on making good food choices even when I'm with people - who aren't making good food choices. I'm not judging them, it's just sometimes tempting to eat the pastas, the potatoes, the rice or the cheesecake dessert. But, so far, I haven't given in to it excepting the one, planned cheat day for my birthday 3 weeks ago.

Frankly, that was a huge mistake looking back. I should have just stayed on the diet. It took a week and a half or so to get back down to where I was before I spent that day eating whatever I wanted.  I have a goal to get down to 200 pounds before I do another cheat day - that will be a while.  Or, I could also just do a goal of getting back, comfortably, into size 34's. But it appears I'll hit 34 long before 200 pounds so I probably won't do that and yes, I have all of my 34 pants still.  I fully intended to get back there, I just didn't know when I was going to do it. 

The funny thing is this dude that runs commercials all over the internet including Facebook. He has a program that is defined as "cross-carb".  He goes on and on with technical terms and then he tells you - "Keto doesn't work!" I've written on his comments a few times now that Keto does, indeed work and works very well. It's just a hard diet to follow - but then again, all of them are. If you are on most any diet, you aren't going to be able to eat pizza and eat sugar filled foods. I don't care what you're doing, you'll never lose weight.  

Anyway. I had several calls yesterday about long term. This happens at the end of any given month.  No, sorry. Something might open up soon tho.  I have my 3 short terms and it's going to stay that way for awhile until I decide whether or not it's going to bring in the income those lots need to. And I can't get an adequate picture of that until the shed is completed.  Hence the reason I changed my mind and deciding to go out there today. Tired or not, this work needs to get done.  

I feel like I need to step it up even more than I have been doing in terms of getting work done.  Because these long term people aren't staying forever.  Some of them have said they will be there "a long time" - it is a gas line project in Shreveport that apparently is going to take years to complete.  But others are only there for 3 or 4 months.  I'd like to get all of this stuff done, up and operational to see if my theory is true: people will come once all of that stuff is in place.

That plus the Hipcamp area.  I did spread grass seed all over the place back there yesterday. I was hemming and hawing about it - should I spread it or not? But then I thought, well, if I don't like it, once summer comes, it will all die out anyway.  The point of indecision is whether I am really going to want grass back there or do I want gravel?  My thoughts then said, no, I want a mix of both.  Gravel pads and grass everything else.  The vehicles can make a rut through the grass where they travel through and then I can put gravel there as well. 

Grass. That's going to be a tough one. Come the end of rye grass season, I am going to have to put down Bermuda grass or something similar. It's going to be expensive and far more work.  You don't just throw that seed out, you have to - if you want it to turn out good anyway - aerate the ground and put mulch down as well.  If I go the seed route anyway.  I don't have the money for sod - I wish I did, but that would be truckloads of it.  Just can't do it, not with my current finances. I'm going to pay myself this month for the first time - yes it will be out of the business bank account and yes it will be listed as a paycheck for me.  Appropriate taxes will be taken? Yes, after I go to an accountant and figure out how this is going to work. I'll need to get to that accountant this month and let them decide how to keep my taxes down to as low as possible. 

There is another corporation setup that apparently will reduce my tax burden much more than this LLC setup.  

Anyway, it's 9:00 am and I guess I best get my tired @$$ up out of this chair and get out there. Highly likely there will be a nap this afternoon.  Pretty much guaranteed, really.  It will be raining and I will just take the time to get a 45 minute nap in.  

To be honest, I've been thinking about going back to work quite a lot, since I feel like I will have to.  On the road again.....just can't wait to never be on the road again - lyrics changed lmao.  I'm going to call this banker when I'm a bit clearer minded and see if there is any hope for a construction loan. That will basically determine whether I can just ride this out or have to go back to work. If back to work, I will begin working on paying down debt.  

But, that's not right now. That shed has to be completed first and a few other things. Mostly it's the shed tho, it's a major undertaking, really. Thinking about all of the stuff I have to do, it's almost overwhelming because much of it is stuff I've never done before.  Or haven't done in decades. Giant learning curve. The flip side is saving thousands and thousands of dollars for paying contractors to do it for me.  I don't have that kind of money now and even if I did, these contractors are just too busy, you can't even get them out there to give a quote.

I've tried.

Unless someone else comes along, my next RV short term isn't coming until the 9th.  Yes, I hope some stragglers fall into the place needing an overnight stay.  I have a tent camper coming in on Friday.  I am going to get a fire ring back there and a pile of wood. That's about it tho. I need more picnic tables. Not in the budget, but I do need at least 2 more right now, make that 3.  That's almost $500.  






No comments:

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...