Sunday, April 2, 2023

 Well, this air conditioner is a 5,000 watt thing.  That's pretty much the smallest, standard window unit that is sold.  I'm not sure it's going to cover a tin shed sitting in the baking sun running a dryer in the middle of summer. Insulation will help, for sure, I guess it will be a wait and see thing.  I have the hot air from the dryer being pumped outside, anyway.  If it doesn't work out, it can go on the other side to cool the bathroom. I'm not necessarily inclined to cool the bathroom atm, but if I end up with an extra unit, I'll put it in there. Otherwise, I intend on installing the bathroom door in the center so that cold air from the ac unit on the other side can move in there when the door is left open.  

I really need some trees to shade that shed. I do have some on the east side, but the western sun will be baking it most of the day.  Oh well, trees are not a priority atm. At some point, they definitely will be and I do intend on getting some fast growing evergreens for the southern end to replace the trees they cut down.

Church was great.  Very inspiring message.  2 men had just returned from a missionary trip to a place on the other side of the world on some islands near Papa New Guinea.  I don't recall the name of the village, but it takes 6 days to get there starting from here, including an 18 mile trip by foot which takes you over numerous rivers. They had plenty of video to show it.  These tribal people used to be cannibals that went around killing other villagers nearby in other villages and apparently those villagers did the same thing back.  God, however, had other plans and sent a missionary there to preach the Gospel, of which a particular man gave his life to the Lord and started a church there.

These people are hungry for the Word and hungry for learning more about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and all that the Bible entails.  It was really inspiring and took me back to my missionary days traipsing around Mexico to villages in the middle of nowhere, mostly without electricity and very much with people that spent their days getting water and food.  

Now that I've ordered the wire, I can think about tomorrow's activities.  I took a snapshot of the different style, flexible, plastic tubing style pipe they used to hook up the shower and toilet. I'll need more of that to hook up a vanity.  I will need some fittings for the sewer setup, but that really isn't my first priority. Besides getting that AC hooked up, I need to buy the stuff to finish the bathroom.

I have a list.  It includes 2X4's for the walls but also I will need some to frame in a spot for the AC unit.  You can't just install a unit on tin, lol, you have to have the framing for it. The people that built the shed did frame for an ac  unit - but on the other side.  I will be running an ac outlet for it in case I decide I want to install one over there.  This is stuff you do now and it doesn't cost much more in wiring that I already would have had to install over there.  

Basically, on the circuit, will be the main shed light, the bathroom light, the ac outlet and probably another general outlet.  Oh, and I will need to have a feed for an outdoor light.  I'm trying to think of everything I will need before I go to Lowe's.  I know that undoubtedly, I will end up having to make a few trips, but at least try to get most of it on the first trip.  I suspect a lengthy stay at Lowe's tomorrow trying to gather everything I will need.  

Why not do that today? Because it's Sunday and I don't feel like it, that's why.  I typically despise working on Sundays. It is a day of rest and my body tells me it's a day of rest in no uncertain language.  My goal for tomorrow is get all of that stuff, frame in the AC unit, install the AC and seal it. All holes coming in are going to be sealed, I bought a gallon of that duct seal and I am going to use it on everything, not just the electrical wiring it was recommended for. I need holes plugged up to keep hot air from coming in during the summer.

If I get anything else done after that, great, if not, my goals for the day have been accomplished. If I do, indeed get further, it will be to start framing everything up.  I will have to look at some youtube videos about installing a pre-framed door.  Lowe's has an entire row devoted to them, there are all kinds of them. I just need something cheap that can lock.  One would assume you can just stand the entire, framed door up wherever you want it and frame it in.  But, my assumptions on this particular project have been wrong many times over. Hence, watching videos and asking professionals questions.  The electric has been on for several days, no issues. The water has been on a week now, also no issues. 

The first tenant to use the washer/dryer setup is doing that as I type this. I gave her a key, she texted a while ago asking if she could use it? Yes, and please let me know how it goes. Oh, am I the first one to use it?  Yes, beyond my trial runs.  She did, for some reason, experience excitement over this, that coming from her.  I just need the thing to work as it was designed.  30 minute wash, 45 minute dry.  

Well, the Sunday afternoon yawns have hit me. They always do. It's time to take a nap. 

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...