Monday, October 16, 2023

 There are 3 ways to get to the yard that are truck friendly. All of them add almost 40 miles to the trip.  The ways to get there that are much shorter are not truck friendly, have low bridge weight tolerances and you get busted bad if you're caught overweight going over them.  I don't have any way to get up there legally without having to go through weigh stations.  I despise weigh stations, I normally get green lighted through, but I still don't like going through them.  

Lunch, update logs, fire up the truck, put my boots in the cubbyhole, get the tablet and recharge it, etc.  Getting ready for tomorrow.  All of those logs have to be verified even tho I haven't driven all week long.  You know, FSCMA rules and all.  And troopers.  And the possibility of getting pulled into a scale house. There are several ways up there, but anyh way I choose to go? They are  open more often than not.  

I want everything ready since it's up at 5:00 am, shave, shower, enjoy a cuppa or two and then hit the road.  Just have to get a bag of clothes in the truck. Always must have a least a change of clothes, that just-in-case syndrome where something might happen you don't go home that day.  It's 99.999999999% guaranteed that will happen eventually.  

I will only be going to the yard, meeting people, hopefully getting some things fixed, hooking up to a trailer and going back to the Park.  That's where I intend on parking the truck. There will be no hazmat loads, apparently, so that's acceptable.  You can't leave hazmat unless it's in a locked, gated, fenced, secured yard.  I don't remember if it has to have cameras, but every one of those yards I have ever been in have 24 hour monitoring.  

____________

Monday - early

Up, truck started (barely), getting things ready to go.  Got up early so I could deal with things without being in a rush.  It should just be drive up to the yard, meet/greet, get info about loading and offloading, perhaps a few things fixed on the truck, grab a trailer and leave.  I would say 3 hours up there but who knows.  If that is true, I would then guess around a 9 hour day, home around 3:00 pm.  

We'll see if that fairy tale comes to pass.  On a "normal" day, which starts tomorrow I suppose, I do wonder what a typical day will entail in terms of hours.  I'm going to catch a little news before heading out to see what is up in Israel.

G'day









No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...