Friday, October 6, 2023

 On my iPhone sitting at IHOP for breakfast/lunch. 

I ended having to stop at a parking area with no facilities last night and no internet access. Although that sounds sucky, reality was I spent 9 hours in bed. Got some decent sleep even next to a highway. 

Not an Interstate but a 2 lane highway shortcut. Well, I really needed to call the new manager for guidance. I need to go home, frankly, how do you want to work this? 

So I walked up a dirt road to get higher elevation and hope for a signal. A calf was wandering down the road with its mama on the other side of the fence. There were no gates to shoo the calf back into or o would have put it into pasture. That highway not far away. 

At the top of the hill I had good reception. Asked the manager, he said bring the trailer to the yard and then bobtail home. 

After that, checked my account. Definitely got my first paycheck, desperately needed money. 

Lunch is over. I gotta get rolling. 

G’day. 

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...