Monday, May 20, 2024

 Monday - late evening

Sunday loading went by very fast and today offloading was the same.  I was home before 1 pm today, that's pretty much a record considering going to Gurdon.  Tomorrow is more of the same, load and then Thursday, load again, get done on Friday and then the weekend off.  Unfortunately, it's a late load on Thursday and Friday, I was hoping to get off early to get the weekend started early.

As it stands, I had sent a regular return visitor a note that I had charged his card for the remaining balance.  He hadn't checked his mail until after he left, sent me a pic of his brand new truck...and where a rock hit it. 

It told this dude...I told him: do not mow near vehicles. Stay AWAY from vehicles.  That's easily $500 down the drain, maybe more. They'll have to fix the damage -it's small nothing huge and easily repairable, but they'll want to repaint that entire panel.  

I will admit I got mad that this guy for not following my directions. HE has NO money. "Well, I apologized, we shook hands and that was that".  Uhh, no, dude, he is asking me to pay for it, rightfully so.  "Well he didn't nothing like that to me about it".  Of course he didn't, I replied, you are just a worker, he's going to discuss the financials with the owner/management.  He couldn't understand this, he thought that a handshake was the end of it.

You damage a person's vehicle, you have to pay to fix it.  He did admit to it, at least, but he didn't bother to tell me about it, albeit it was just that morning that the encounter with the customer had occurred, the customer had already left.  I dunno if I'll ever see that guy in my park again? I replied to his email I would pay for the damages regardless of cost. No way to run a business in damaging people's stuff and then reneging on fixing it.

I got all over the worker's case.  Because I had asked him repeatedly, in no uncertain terms about keeping the height setting on the mower at it's highest position and stay away from vehicles.  

Whatever.  It got pretty loud.   

Anyway, yesterday I 'm sitting there in my vehicle near the laundry room waiting for a lady to show up.  She wanted a long term lot.  I didn't have any pull throughs available, which she wanted, those are both booked up this coming week for the 2 that are open.  So, here comes a trailer with an older couple driving.  I thought that strange, it was a younger sounding lady on the phone, I thought anyway.  So, I went up to them and was going to point to the back in lot and that I would be happy to help her get it backed in there.  

They looked at me funny.  Uhh, we're tired, worn out, we can't drive any more today, we need a place to stay.  That took a second to get past my perception bias - it's not what I was expecting to hear. Well, I'm assuming y'all just pulled in here looking for a lot and you're in luck.  They hand me cash and that was that. Today, when I got back, they were still there.  Handed me more cash, sure thing.

4 more days of work and then the weekend off. The kids will be gone by then and they will stay gone for 3 weeks.  I have no idea how that will work out, I doubt they will last that long, especially the youngest who will start missing his mommy badly.  I did not ask for this weekend off, but it worked out that way.  Saying this because of this proposed trip to Dallas and 6 Flags this weekend.  I dunno if I even feel like doing it, after all of this endless working I think I'd rather stay home, lay in bed and do nothing.  

But, I'll go, hopefully have a good time and it's just a day trip, or maybe stay overnight and go home.  Probably half the rides in that place I will not get on.  I want to be home early sunday if I do stay overnight so I can vegetate the entire day, there will be work on Monday and Monday comes early.  

Oh, forgot to add, Saturday night I slept like hell.  So Sunday, when all that stuff happened, I wasn't in a good mood to begin with.  I dunno what it is, some nights I just don't sleep, not because I don't want to.  Laying there awake all night long is miserable.  I slept ok last night at least.  My sleep app almost never gives me a "good" rating on my sleep, I tis either average or fair and a few times it says poor.  I was only wanting that app to see if I have sleep apnea since my sleep was on and off so much.  Average and fair are not good sleep grades according to that app lol. 

I figure next month I'll make a trip back to AZ.  Mom is going up to the mountains soon and up there for 2 weeks.  

And the grass problem, well that will end soon. It's starting to get hot again, that rye grass is going to die off and that bermuda grass I spread all over the place never took as far as I can tell. Like, not a single seed.  I'm thinking about just putting down landscaping rock in between the rv pads and call it good.  It would eliminate this endless rock problem. That is never going to go away for there are unending rocks in the soil and the rain keeps bringing them up. It's landscaping rock or possibly put down sod, but that's super expensive.  

I don't know what to do about that situation, so I will do nothing for now.  Just seems like a waste of money to dump all of that into such a thing.  I'm trying to save for expansion, not pay for people's truck repairs and sod or landscaping rock.  

Well enough. It is much later than I realized, going to bed soon. 

No comments:

 Monday - early Woke up 40 minutes before the alarm was going to go off, knew I would never get back to sleep so just got up.   The first Pr...