Monday, July 29, 2024

 Let's take another look at tomorrow.

I'm going to bed here, it's 9:45 pm, and I'm double checking the tablet. I do that often for they change things often.  The manager has taken over dispatching drivers and fired the lady - I didn't think she was horrible, not great, not bad, in the middle I guess, as far as dispatchers go - that was dispatching our runs for usually a week in advance. A nice person if nothing else. 

He, the manager, doesn't do that. He might get 3 runs out at most, which is 6 days, but I have yet to see him go beyond that.  This was my fault this time.  I must have missed the part where I finished this current run today and then had tomorrow off.  I looked 3 times at the tablet before I took it out to Taylor, who was on the porch with James smoking, can you read that?  She gets this look on her face.  The 31st! You have 2 days off! No, just tomorrow but I wanted to confirm that I wasn't having lying eyes.

I know, or I think I know anyway, what the manager is doing. He is having me off tomorrow, work through Saturday and then Sunday off.  That isn't confirmed since I only have the next run to look at, but I suspect that's what he's doing based on previous weeks after he took over.  

I have a whole world of possibilities tomorrow.  That doesn't necessarily mean I'll do anything with it, I just have it available, lol.  I mean, I could retire and do much of nothing, which isn't good for you and you need to stay active in some way, shape or form if you want to live a longer life.  I've seen it far too many times. Retire, die.  Retire, die.  Retire, find something to do? Keep active? Don't die.  It may sound gruesome, but I have witnessed it with my own eyes beyond just reading about it.  Many times over, actually.  Why is my mother still alive? I believe because she goes for walks at least 3 times  a day. 

At her age? That's doing pretty good.  The dog keeps her alive, basically.  Some purpose to live for, something right there, with her.  Take the dog for a walk, she tells herself (I'm guessing of course, but I know for a fact she goes walking several times a day).  She's always intensely loved her dogs and takes care of them meticulously.  I grew up with parents that loved dogs and hence, it carried over to me.  There aren't many dogs that I have disliked, I could name those few dogs tho. The one that tried to kill the 7 year old here (not our dog, next door neighbor's).  The one I adopted that the owner didn't bother to tell me had serious behavioral issues including the desire to kill other dogs.  

I have determined to get the boat going and get it on the lake.  So, I will probably start working towards that end tomorrow. It needs a trolling motor, a couple of batteries, drain the fuel tank and put fresh fuel in it, registration.  Other things I can't think of right now, it's been sitting for quite a while.  Yes, I think the bilge pump wasn't working, they aren't expensive.  You kind of want that feature, if the thing starts taking on water, that's what is your hope that the water will be pumped back out.  I spent a lot of money on that thing, I'd like to use it while it's still hot outside.  

Batteries and trolling motor will cost some.  I spent a thousand dollars just installing a new steering system in the thing and putting a new battery in it some 3 years ago? I'll say this, now that I'm that invested in the damn thing, if I have to have the motor rebuilt, that's going to happen as well. Maybe not right now or if I can find a used motor, but it will happen.  

Some person showed up at the park today and wanted to know about moving in.  There are no lots available right now.  Not only that, but the person wants one of the "premium" lots.  The park host has one of them, the other? The people that said they were going to leave after being confronted about their dogs running loose and driving and parking on the grass. The thing is, after that confrontation, they stopped driving on the grass and they don't let their dogs loose.  If they've been living in a trailer in RV parks for any length of time, they would already know that almost every park has the same types of rules.  So are they leaving, is what I was confronted with?

Well how the hell would I know? If people clean up their act, my intervention is over with, they can stay as long as they like.  They are not sociable and I don't invoke myself on people that don't care for unwanted visits. Pay your rent, follow the rules I'm good.  You don't have to talk to anyone in the park if you don't want to, I'm all for freedom and the freedom to have your space.  Which is partially what I said to Allen: I have no idea. After they were confronted, they have been parking on the gravel and their dogs aren't running loose unless there is info about the dogs I don't have.

No, they have complied.  Ok, well I don't go bothering people that don't want to be bothered.  He doesn't quite understand that, but the thing is, he does listen to my wishes about how I want things dealt with and he goes by that, whatever that is.      I'm running a business, I'm not trying to drive people out of there. If I have to, I definitely will, but these people?  Not now. I'm trying to figure out how to ask them if they are staying without it sounding...wrong.  Then again, the man was informed other spots were coming available.  I dunno, if he doesn't want that, that's his choice, I lose enough sleep over nothingness, I'm not losing sleep over people that don't like what I have to offer. It's definitely not a resort park.  It's a quiet little community, the prices are good, the atmosphere is mostly great, but it isn't for everyone.  

Well it's getting late. Even tho I don't have work tomorrow, I don't like staying up to late. My sleep is too messed up as it stands. I force myself to keep a fairly tight sleep schedule excepting on some nights when I have no work the next day.

I can say that I've given it considerable thought and tho I was having sleep problems before I went to Oregon, it is nothing like after I left there.  Near 3 weeks of mostly sleepless nights, I really haven't recovered from that for unknown reasons. My mind went through that experience once again yesterday, I can't explain why I replayed that hellish nightmare, it just started up.  When you go through some horrid experience, you seem to remember every single detail, down to the specifics of things to the time of day or the specifics of everything that was going on around you.  Because it was that bad.  


No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...