Thursday, October 15, 2009

Things Of Various Nature

I got my carpet cleaning machine - but not free. No big deal, I got it for almost half off. Not a bad deal considering I still have some Christmas money from my mother to deal with. She has a set amount of money for each of her 3 boys to spend on Christmas - and I'm guessing they buy their own present as well, but don't quote me on that. I have no clue, really, what or how she deals with my brothers.

I finally have a date set for Saturday morning at a Starbucks in the west valley with a 'gorgeous' blonde, she quotes herself being as. Actually, I have seen her pic, she's not bad looking for a girl just a little less than my age. I'm amazed she is still making babies, though. But - if what she says is true - she's going for a doctorate's in an education degree and also works. Very admirable - again - if true. I have given up on formal education, the cost is prohibitive and the gains are not that much. Perhaps the gains would be significant if I went for something that takes - 8 years probably - to get a degree in, such as being a lawyer - I don't have the energy.

Going to work, coming home and doing that for years on end is out of the question for me. I would like to take some courses - in something - I think it good to continue to learn things throughout the course of your life, but at 45, I simply am not going to learn "how to be a lawyer". I could do the paralegal thing in 2 years. Again, at 45k, I don't see the benefits of it. The cost of education is through the roof and won't be landing on me anytime soon. I have enough financial problems in life to also be dealing with a school loan. They come after you, too, trust me when I say that, I know many people who have had wages garnished for however long it takes to pay them back.

That is a pressure I don't need or want this late in life. I have other ambitions to make money - but - as always - it takes money to make money.

Ummm - so - it was "suggested" to me in a PM on the other blog host by a person I have come to like that there is another person on that site that is looking and what do I think about that, basically. Uhhh, that's a kinda difficult question, really. I had already thought about that option, if it is indeed even an option. Dunno. I'm going on this date Saturday and see if and where this goes, then I will think about that potential.

I took a 45 minute nap this afternoon after getting home from work - I am not sleeping well at all. I wake up at midnight now and lucky if I'm back to sleep after 2 hours. I am going to take reading material into my room at this point. When I wake up, I'm going to start reading until I get sleepy again and fall asleep. Try, anyway.

I have spent no small amount of time working on the east side of my house today - it is a little closer, but still have lots to go to get it ready for planting grass seed.

Enough.
ben

3 comments:

Fin said...

After what happened with Kauai Finn, I have retired from match making. I am sorry though that you and Flagstaff never connected, as it sounded positive.

I am also glad to see a little skepticism on your part about some of her claims (like working on a PhD). Three teens and a youngster = baggage, but apparently many fine women (and men) come with such these days. ANd yes, I have also been aware of unattached females who live near you who blog, but have learned to just keep quiet.

As always, good luck with it all - women, yard, roomers.

BenB said...

Well, the deal with Flag was positive, I'm just not geared, I'm finding out - for long distance relationship. We had only talked over the phone and IM's and email, never met in person.
Eventually I will find someone - yet - I am not in a big hurry. Someone meaning to find the right person - goes both ways of course. I dunno anyone else around here on the blogging site/s that are single, but then again, I haven't asked.
thanks.
ben

BenB said...

OH, and as for the date, I will go in with an open mind. I have no idea if a person's claims are true, but IF she is going for the doctorate, that is definitely a very motivated person that certainly gives me some push towards getting to know her better. Actually, maybe she's too much for me, lol!

 Saturday mid afternoon It isn't shocking that someone decided to "replace" my $400 Husqavarna weedeater with a much cheaper v...