Saturday, March 13, 2010

Poverty

Okay, I'm not THAT bad off. I still have money in my accounts, but it is dwindling quickly. Paying the child support helped to ensure that my money will totally disappear soon if I don't get some paying tenants - paying - their rent, as in - paying. You know, like when a person gives you money for services rendered/offered/completed?

I have a water bill to pay, a few credit card payments to make and keep the electricity on this month. Beyond that is gas for the car and of course food for the stomach. Michael's mother has actually been bringing him food on a fairly consistent basis. Of course, I tend to force the issue simply by not having foods that Michael likes or - even harder - has to be cooked. I like cooking my own food, therefore I do not buy a lot of prepackaged garbage. Prepackaged if full of all kinds of wonderful garbage, most notably fat content and sodium content. Packed with fat calories, that stuff is really not good for anyone.

I would not, of course, be in this position if even ONE of my tenants was current on his payment. I have an alleged, prospective renter coming over this afternoon. Craigslist people are the bane of my existence. They call me, I do not call them. I put my Magic Jack phone number on the ads so that a person can simply call me if they are interested in the room and discussing it instead of endless emails. They say yes, they will shop up - but they never do. Probably 20% of the people that say they are going to show up actually DO show up. Oh, the point was that I can change my Magic Jack number at ANY time if some whacko starts doing crank phone calls. Of course, I can just shut the thing off as well and those whackos will be talking to nothing buy my voice mail.

Rehashing the same thing over and over, Monday and Tuesday are the "Days". The thyroid testing, that is. Mom and dad are seriously concerned after I informed them of what is happening, even though I tried to tone it down and not really make a big deal out of it. Oh well, I guess that's what parents are supposed to do.

I do have one consolation: after Mondays photos of my thyroid, I am going to a marketing company who is going to video me in answering questions about the process I went through to get my loan modification done. It's an hour's worth of my time for 50 bucks, so I don't think it a waste at all. They advertised on Craigslist asking for people to come in. I thought it a scam at first, but it's real live people operating out of a building in north Phoenix and yes, they have been there a while. The worst that can happen? I don't get my $50 and then there's some serious "answering" to do. Lol.

Well, I'm going to get this little drive with Caleb over with.

I'll report back how it went after we get out of the hospital with all the injuries sustained in the acci.......I mean after we get back and see how it went : )

g'day

ben

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...