Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Well enough of that - the previous post that is. Excepting that I found out the hard way this morning that there is ammo hoarding going on, even the online suppliers are out of the most popular rounds. I was specifically looking for 1,000 rounds of 9mm and found none of it available on 2 handfuls of popular ammo sales sites.

I did find 40 caliber, but there is only one of those in the house.  I think there's 3 9mm's here.  I used to just go to Walmart for pistol ammo.  Academy Sports probably has it, but driving 37 miles one way is not on my list of things to do.  I'll just have to wait and see if they all get their supplies back up.  Like, check it every day on certain sites with the best deals.

Trip to West Virginia tomorrow. 3 day trip - usually - sometimes 4 depending on a variety of things that can slow down the process, not the least of which is the loading plant and traffic.  Really would like the option of having a firearm in the truck, now that I'm thinking about self defense. 

Anyway it's first load, the worst one IMO and I think 4 of those in a row now?  Like they think I'm some sort of early bird out for the worms? I'd take the 9:00 am loading slot and be very happy with that.  But I never say anything to them about it, it's not worth potentially limiting loads I am getting if they think I am just going to complain. 

The call did come from the lady in Amarillo tho, as the new setup has been implemented and underway.  3 days off this time including today.  Not complaining about that tho, I really wanted a longer rest.  Our industry and our particular division is finally being affected by the virus and economic shut down. I knew this would be coming sooner or later, I'm thankful we were as busy as we were up until now.

With that, time to finish laundry, dishes and mow the front lawn. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little surprised actually that you are unaware of who is doing the ammo hoarding.

In fact, I think maybe if you did remember, you might be somewhat reticent to go online and order a thousand rounds. I know I sure would be!!

BenB said...

I haven't seen anything about people hoarding ammo anywhere So no, I don't know who's hoarding ammo.

Anonymous said...

DHS

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...