Wednesday, August 12, 2020

 Guess I'm post happy today.

Mark finally contacted me, the house is cooling down, he said. It's all the way back down to 95 degrees in here! Like that was some great thing lmao. But it's working, just that it's incredibly hot there, the last time that happened the unit had to literally run nonstop all day and well into the night before it finally cooled off again.

My phone - both calls and texts - have been off the hook today.  Between my son, Mark, Taylor and work it's been one after another after another. I gave up on trying to take a nap.  

But the AC is fixed. $125.  That would have cost minimum $400 for an AC person to come out, but I suspect $500 to $600 now.  It was $400 years ago, prices haven't gone done any, especially for AC repair to come to your house.  Of course, Mark doesn't have any way for me to send him money, so I had to ask my son if I could transfer $125 to him and could he take the cash over there? Tomorrow he replied . Cool.  It's like a $35 dollar part lol.  

Anyway,, the manager called yet again: Would you be willing to fly up there? Oh YES I replied without a second's worth of hesitation.  Sure the money driving up and back would be nice, but I'm fine getting a free airplane trip to a state I haven't seen in forever and experience something different without almost 4,000 miles of driving to get there and back.  I can get that trip over with much faster, tho I still don't know how long I'll be up there, what I'll be hauling or really, what this is all about except alluding to drivers needing vacations, some off sick and shortages.

But, when he said that, he said that's what he had heard, not necessarily what's going on lol.  Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Really weird this whole situation.  I'm packed and ready to go - but I will need to know how long I'm going to be up there, I could seriously reduce/lighten the amount of clothing I packed if it's not going to be forever.  I packed enough to last 12 days without having to do any laundry. Lol .  

So I'm back into a holding pattern.  They know it's kind of messed up with keeping me holding for this long not having any idea whether it's a go or not . I'm not really in love with the idea of getting into someone else's truck tho.  That usually entails a dirty truck that needs serious cleaning. Just the way it is.  You virtually live in the thing while you're  on the road. I like mine clean and smelling good. Not filthy and smelling like a pit.  And it opens up the possibility that they will want to use my truck for someone else. My fear is some trashy, filthy dirty person getting into all my stuff and smoking.  A smoker's truck is like a nightmare, it's truly horrible to try and sleep in what amounts to a giant ashtray.  

I've been trucking for a while, lol, I know how lots of other drivers are.  I was in one of them awhile back dropping off a fuel card - the truck was absolutely disgusting inside.  Smelly, filthy, dirty.  Another one I looked through the door - the entire floor looked like a construction site with dirt all over it.  

Kim also called. She sounded depressed.  After explaining what's going on I didn't really think there was any reason to be depressed about anything. The brother has an appointment tomorrow with the lawyer.  The lawyer will spell out to him what he can and can't do. The brother is obviously quite ignorant in this situation and has no clue, he should have gone to a lawyer at the very beginning.  He keeps saying stuff he can't do - but those things aren't mentioned in the will.  I hope a lawyer will help him straighten out his thinking on this and then, help her.  

She's really upset with Maria, is the issue. She claims that Maria's stuff takes up two full bedrooms, several closets and the garage. I knew she had some stuff, didn't know it was that much.  She also was complaining about Maria buying too much stuff for the fridge and freezer and not leaving her any room.  I understand Maria having a lot of stuff - she had her own house previously - but there comes a point where you just have to part ways with things or - if you can afford it - get a storage locker to put it in.  

Just drama. I listened to as much of it as I could stand and finally coaxed her off the phone.  I am waiting for a call back from my manager, that's a fact and the truth.  Mark also wanted to talk forever, I just had an extended phone call with him yesterday and the day before, just not in the mood for it right now.  I need for this trip to either materialize with all the necessary info or go away and get it out of my mind.  I didn't sleep that great last night so I'm probably a bit cranky to boot.  Not terrible bad, just not in to having conversations on the phone right now.  A nap would have been nice....

So this is my day at 1:00 pm. The ladies are cleaning house.  That was nice of them to do. 

Anyway, I guess I'll get off of Blogger for a while and watch tv lol.







No comments:

 Wednesday - night Washout was crazy, 4 trucks there. I have only seen 1 other truck there when showing up before, this time, there was 1 ah...