Wednesday, August 12, 2020

 So now, my manager calls and connects online another higher level manager. Ruhhh-rohhhh, what is going on here?  Well, turns out, just a manager that wanted to say thanks for being on hold for 24 hours and really appreciates that i was willing to go on a moment's notice.  

Well that's the nature of trucking, lol, you get a last minute call for a run, unless your are incapacitated for some reason that is really a legitimate excuse to say no - and it better be a doozy - you take whatever they give you. Because if you turn it down?  You are setting yourself up for crappy runs, sitting longer than other drivers and basically way down on the totem poll.  With a very lucrative job like this, I'm not turning down anything.  I sometimes have to throw some info back at them - like the load they wanted me to take to Brownsville last week.  I told them I'd love to take it - and I really did want to go - but I will have to take a 34 hour reset down there after I get there.

They call back 10 minutes later - you're off the hook lol.  That's their call, not mine, but they will be paying for a hotel for me and that's a fact.  Just like this trip. There will be at least 2 34 hour resets - if I go.  Lol, it's still  on hold. 

So anyway, after the upper level manager thanked me,, then it was to the nuts and bolts of the situation.  Which is? Nothing. He literally still did not know if we're going up there or not.  It's a "project" of some sort, without defining what the project is or what the need for far off drivers is for.  Whatever it is, it sounds like it would be far longer than just 3 or 4 days up there. I know how this place works with such things, they just throw out limited information and then you find out the reality when you get there.  

They did promise me extra pay if I do indeed go.  I didn't ask for it, I make good money lol, if there's one thing I won't complain about it's the money. If with fewer perks after the company acquisition, I'm making great money.  This week's paycheck is over 3 grand.  It's more in one week's pay than I made in a month at Ferguson.  Well at the end, anyway, when they cut all of our hours back, completely eliminated overtime and cut my yearly overal pay by at least 20 grand.  It's what pushed me out of that place along with that jerkoff manager - who besides having anger issues was also responsible for the pay cut and his manager wouldn't over ride him.  Great, you want personnel that focus on excelling at their jobs, good luck at that pay rate.  

Oh and this job is in New Hampshire, not New Jersey - now I would love to go up there! That really changes it for me.  My recollection of that state - and I admit it's been several decades since I've been there is a beautiful, scenic filled state with lots of things to see and do.  Okay, I'm not on a vacation, but I do get to sight see lol.  But my manager said less than 50% chance I'm going, he was giving odds lol.

Okay, enough of this one. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The strongest wind ever recorded in the US was in New Hampshire.

The "Old Man of the Mountain" who was on their license plate for years....fell down.

BenB said...

Okay I had to look that one up. That's cool! I might have seen that rock face earlier in life, it rings a bell. But we're flying into Vermont and the yard is in Milton, VT and so is the hotel just down the street from it, now that I've looked all of this up. I think we're driving into New Hampshire somewhere to deliver? I dunno yet, hopefully learn that sometime tomorrow on the way there or at the very least after we arrive.

 Wednesday - night Washout was crazy, 4 trucks there. I have only seen 1 other truck there when showing up before, this time, there was 1 ah...