Wednesday, September 16, 2020

 An exasperating, long, drawn out day.  

8:50 am, I pull up on the Ethylene rack to get loaded.  Dude comes out: There's gonna be a wait.  I need you to move off the rack until we're ready to load you.

Slow product, was the claim - it's been going on for weeks, you'd think their maintenance department would have fixed this issue by now, it's costing them literally truckloads of money.  

4:30 this afternoon, they start loading it.  Yup, I sat there all day long.  2 other trucks showed up, around 4:00 pm they sent them out of the plant, but me? Ohhh noooo, can't do thhhhaaaaaatttt.   

I started seeing product coming out of the vent - that's a big time no no.  Then I get a call from my manager, well they're sending you out of the plant, the trailer has a leak. OH?  An hour later, after they drained out everything they had pumped in and got rid of the vapors the let me go. Go - that is - to get another trailer and come right back.  

This just went on and on and on. I finally gout of that plant at around 8:30, cruised back to the yard and went home.  I had less than 2 hours left on my 14 hour clock, no point in trying to drive anywhere and I didn't feel like sleeping in the truck since I didn't have to.  

That's it, lol. I have nothing else. For whatever reason, this all took it out of me today and I quite exhausted. 

So, going to sleep. 

No comments:

 Friday - evening Guess it's been a couple days since updating. Uhh, I think 2 trailers pulled out today.  I'm not sure if it's ...