Wednesday, November 11, 2020

 Ahh, indeed.

I figured I would be off until Friday, from the statement of my manager yesterday.  That wasn't the case. I received a texted worksheet for work tomorrow: Oklahoma, lol.  That is the least possible run I can get right now in terms of miles and pay.  I may get lots of those in the next coming days.  

That set the "am I still employed at this company" nagging thoughts out of my mind.  I needed a resolution to this situation regardless of what the outcome would be.  

The whole thing has been seriously downplayed now that truth has come out but, of course, my company's HR department still wants a written warning on my company record.  So beit, I won't contest it,  that's a dead end street. Large company HR departments aren't anything to argue with, once they have made up their minds, they are going to win regardless, you might as well just accept it and move on.  

I'll give my new manager credit: He fought for me.  I find it rare to find that in companies anymore, and that was a breath of fresh air.  He fought for me because, of his own wording, I drive like hell, get the job done, don't have to be communicated with constantly about where I'm at and why isn't the product there. My thinking: You don't get paid the big bucks for screwing around and doing everything but getting the load to the receiver on time - and usually ahead of time.  His words of commendation for my work ethic - his words - went on and on.  

I work my ass off because that's how I was brought up.  It was instilled into me at a very early age and it never left me.  Probably a lot of people in my age range have the same work ethic.  

My manager did concede that he hadn't even tried to contest any of this with the mother company.  My thoughts went there after I had talked to him and the middle manager yesterday. I was rather consoled by this manager's statement of my work performance, to be honest. He even said "I would be a fool to want to get rid of a person like you".  

What was downplayed?  I was hired on with the company that was bought out and all of us on that system are on a different set of rules.  4 strikes and you're out.  Not, first time something happens, you're fired. I have nothing on my history with this company preceding this. NOTHING.  No roadside inspection tickets, no safety warnings, certainly nothing with the customers.  

So this situation is over.  Well, he did say after a while he's going to contact some dude at the mother company after he's "calmed down" and see if he can get me back into the rest of their company's facilities.  I didn't bother to tell him that I wouldn't miss any of those places lmao. I get along with those people at all of those places, in fact one of them we all think alike and the conversation goes on the entire time we're together unloading the truck.  Another place we talk smoking meats.  Another, we talk about whatever - just random stuff.  I'm not against going back into that facility - Cheniere. Nothing against those people, security personnel are only the entrance stuff, after that you are interacting with plant personnel.  

My manager also offered that fact that you are out there 70 hour work schedules back to back  and yes, you are eventually going to have a problem somewhere. Definitely put in the hours.  

And then the - stuff.  Somehow, a driver found out about this and started going off to everyone else.  I haven't heard about that from any of them, but I have only talked to one of them since this situation has started and I told him zero, nothing, nada about what's going on. That driver called me - so I'm guessing he's the culprit - and started telling me about a rule that has been changed with "personal conveyance" - an option available on the Quaalcomm and nothing I'm going into right now.  

My manager said, we haven't said anything to any of them about this, so please don't blame this on me.  I knew before he said that management wouldn't divulge that to other drivers, that would be a serious violation of company protocol.  That's personal employee stuff, really don't get at all from this manager that he would go spouting off to drivers. He's just no like that and has proven to me that he is an advocate for drivers.  

He said he told a driver that came "bitching to me" about it that he was to zip his mouth about it, end of story.  No idea how he got that info, but probably at the plant where this occurred from employees. Other than that, perhaps some person in the company working in a different department that heard the info.  No telling, but if a driver comes up to me starting s*** about this situation? I told my manager flat out I can handle myself with other drivers. Not looking for trouble, but if they come starting it with me, I can deal with it. 

So, that is where this currently stands. But with other drivers knowing about this, it may evolve - or degrade - into something else.  

Okay, my head is cleared of this nonsense, at least for now. If other drivers start s***, well, there will be posts here about it.

Today? I spent the entire day - literally - getting Phoenix caught up with school work.  Amazingly, the 5 year old only had one off moment. He couldn't understand what I was trying to ask him to do and he started getting frustrated.  He was on the verge of a meltdown and I just stopped everything. Time to take a break. We got back to work after that and he had a good attitude and engaged for the rest of the day. Which included a 2 hour break in the midst of it for lunch, a nap and a bit of tv for him. 

Early afternoon, we got back to work and it was after 4 before we were done.  That was freedom time.  These boys - the other one was pent up in the living room, I couldn't have him disrupting the older boy's school work - hadn't had an energy outlet all day long.  We went outside, they rode their bikes, ran up and down the driveway, etc until parents came home.  

And today is Veteran's day. James is a veteran! So, we went to Chili's for a free dinner for him and then his best friend also showed up - and also a vet - and we had a very good time, really. Nice end to the day, we came home, his friend also, we all talked for a while and now the day is done.  

I'm very tired. I can't tell you the mental energy needed to deal with a 5 year in a school setting all day long, attempting to make up over 2 day's worth of school work. I am not a teacher, but I did my best to teach the boy without him getting aggravated and upset. I'm not surprised I feel this drained, I don't have the gift of teaching and could not be a teacher, but we did get through all of it today.  I was proud of him, mostly for keeping a good attitude.  

Well I'm out of it and going to sleep.

g'nite.








 







No comments:

 Saturday - afternoon It only took an hour to unload the truck.  It took a combined 25 minutes, however, to get security guards to the scale...