Sunday, November 15, 2020

 Well my manager never sent the Brownsville - or any other - run.  So I'll bide my time and hope I get one sent for Tuesday. It's Sunday night.  

The final day of quarantine for the boys is tomorrow and then they can go back to daycare/kindergarten.  Trust me, it's time for them to go.  Get around other kids, get some socialization going on their own level at their own thinking grade.  

I dunno, but I was going to watch them tomorrow - for whatever reason Maria insisted they go over to her place.  Fine by me, I'll have the day to go get some new blue jeans and other shopping I've been needing to do.  Just that Phoenix will not get his school work done being over there.  

I finally hit 100k in my investments. Yes I know, that's not even close to being enough to retire on, but in my lifetime that's a significant milestone.  In fact, the only way I"m going to be able retire comfortably is either through real estate or learning enough about investing in the stock market that I can see types of business that have a future and invest in them before they become a thing.  Or both, coupled with 401k and whatever's left of SS by the time I get to that age, providing I even make it to that age.  Had to add that last part. I see so much death and destruction on the nation's highways, life ending in a glimpse of a moment, people's lives ended or invariably changed.  I'm going to do a trust and tomorrow would be a good day to look into doing that.  I've given a lot of thought to it.  Some of it to my son, some of it to my friends I live with, other options for the rest.   

I was only in the 50k range when I first started working at current company. A trump presidency with roaring stock market and making significantly more money have almost doubled that amount in 3 years. It's time to start looking at the future with a Biden presidency.  I was going to hit the stop button on stocks but I need to see what advisors are saying about 401k and what the best options are.  

My son's - soon to be ex - wife has changed her name back to her maiden name on Facebook. Just weird to see that. The rather pricy refrigerator I bought for THEM, not her, she will have to pay me back for it.  I have come to that conclusion.  Nothing against her personally, but I bought that for them, as a couple, looking forward to a future with children and a home. I have never even bought a refrigerator like that for myself.  it's that or I can have it moved to my house which isn't far from where "their" house is.  I don't want to judge, been there done that, but I literally just bought that thing for them and it's already ending?  No thanks.  

I'm going to have to make a trip back there soon.  I try to make it once a year, but we've got this Covid crap and I don't know what I can even do over there right now.  And now at least one state is announcing draconian lockdowns. State of Washington is going back to the same conditions the nation did that lead to the economic crises earlier this year.  I suspect other states will follow suit. New York, California, who knows where else. 

Whatever the case, enough for one entry. 





No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...