Sunday, July 25, 2021

 A quick update.

The surveyors never showed, tho that's not really been on my mind the last couple of days

We've been in Hot Springs, Arkansas enjoying a mini vacation.  Preparing to leave in a few to get home in time to get settled down and ready for - work tomorrow.  The dogs are at Maria's so there's going to be that as well.

We've done all kinds of things on this trip, the extent of which I will get into in a later post.

But I have to say that this Arlington Resort and Spa? Is one of the worst hotels I've stayed in in a long, long time. It's storied history is just that: history.  Smelly, nasty carpet.  Paint peeling literally all over the place, in the rooms, in the hallways, outside, dirty and filthy.  Giant cockroaches, daddy long legs and biting bugs of which I never identified.  Highly price facility, one would expect a much better looking and cared for place than what we ended up in.

And that was 3 room's worth.  We made the best of it, at least they have a nice pool and hot tub facility.  But the pics of the rooms are completely deceiving and verge on the precipice of false advertising.  James and Taylor have stayed here before and said the place has fallen into disarray since the last time they stayed here.  

Anyways, we still had fun regardless, just the sleeping part wasn't so nice.  

I will probably be going to bed early tonight, in my own bed, comfortable and hopefully sleeping well.  I think it's like a 3 hour trip back to the house.  So we should be arriving no later than 4pm, including a stop for breakfast/lunch.  

I will probably write a detailed accounting later on today when I'm home in my bedroom or perhaps in a couple of days.  I have to go to Oklahoma tomorrow, it's an early load so I hope to get it over with tomorrow.  The plant is shutting down for several days for scheduled maintenance, allegedly reopening on Friday.  Much more time off than I had expected, shrugs my shoulders and go with it.  Stay home, do some projects and mostly stay indoors, it's been sweltering hot!

Okay, time running short, we're fixing to leave here and head home.

G'day. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Likely covid related. Hotels lost staff and have not got them back. Also applies to restaurants.

Applies to airlines as well, which is really upsetting when considered they got something like 29 Billion of our tax dollars.

Full recovery from this mess is going to take longer than any politician will ever say...if it happens at al.

imho

BenB said...

By all appearances they were more than fully staffed. But who knows. I wasn't the only one complaining. Taylor was pissed. Another lady we were talking to on the way out was also very unhappy. It was the run down condition of the facility, that had obviously been going on for quite a long time. Numerous negative reviews of the property spanning quite a time length. I mean, we made the best of this situation and Taylor got the bill reduced quite a bit, but sleeping on a cot wasn't exactly my idea of staying in a pricey resort hotel. Anyway, it was really the only negative part of the trip, the rest of it we had a blast.

BenB said...

I don't know about a fully recovery, either, not with Fauci talking about reinstating mask mandates and schools requiring vaccinated children to wear masks as well. I more think we're in for a revolt - or at the least, ignoring these officials that are telling us how to live our lives. People dying from this virus is certainly a terrible tragedy, but we all have lives to lead.

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...