Wednesday, September 1, 2021

 Amazing how the days seem to fly by.  14 days off is a long time, yes? Yet I only have 6 more days until the 14 days is over and done with and back to the grind of driving - trucks.  I can tell you I needed this time off and didn't even realize it.  Not because I'm sick or anyone else is sick here, but because I was becoming increasingly unhappy doing that job unendingly with no real, lengthy off time to reset.

Yes, we went on a mini vacation recently. That was only 3 days.  I would have never chosen to take 14 days off and I doubt my company would even let me do that without special circumstances.  It was in the back of my head when I texted my manager who then called me after asking what the company policy is.  He clearly was trying to "help me out" in giving answers that would have sufficed for working and I clearly was only interested in seeing how long I could get off time for, even if unpaid.  14 days was a bit surprising.  

So, the text group I'm in with the other drivers had one of them taking a pic of one of our trucks at the loading plant. It was the day cab truck - no sleeper. Pile of junk, I have to assume my truck is being used by someone if they are going so far as to put drivers in that thing.  I'm not going to be particularly happy if whoever may be in it trashed the thing.  

Anyway, I never did get to drawing up those drawings of intended park set up yesterday. Something I intend on doing in a bit - after I go to the store and get a yardstick to make straight lines with. Yup, that's why I didn't do it and didn't feel like going anywhere.  I'd like to draw the whole thing up, not just the first few lots and then just fade off with nothing.  I also want whatever that thing is called that gives you precise angles - things I haven't used since High School, completely forgotten the names of such devices.  I can occupy myself with several hours of going to the store and then coming home and doing that today.  

As for the house - the 6 year old went back to school today, the 4 year old is still wandering around the house, coughing all over the place, I have had a mild case of a cold I guess you'd call it for several days, haven't  really said much about it because it isn't really affecting me that bad, Taylor finally slept last night and not sure about James.  We're getting through it is what I can say and that's good.  

__________________

Final closing costs were sent to me. I simply show up with one cashier's check to pay for all of it, the lender distributes it to everyone who is due any funds.  This is much further along than anything else that has happened in any of the other deals I've already attempted.  This means to me that this is actually going to happen.

And, I was pleasantly surprised that the final check I need to get will be 2 plus grand lower than I expected.  I have 2k earnest money down already, but I expected the closing costs for me to be in the 17k to 19k range.  Instead, it's $15,693.47.  That leaves me a lot more cash in my accounts than I expected.  I can get started on this project without even cashing out the 401k - tho I am considering doing that soon for the stock market is pretty volatile right now and my old 401k isn't gaining.  It goes up but then falls right back to where it was or lower.  That's been going on for quite a while now.

Well, I won't be on Facebook for another 30 days. A person in a camping group talking in lewd terms told me to shut up so I informed him to go jump off a cliff into an icy cold lake.  Facebook suspended my account for 30 days for saying that....they informed me I was bullying him. Lol.  This is why I have teetered on the edge of quitting facebook altogether, permanently.  

Anyway, off to the store.  

No comments:

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...