Monday, November 8, 2021

 As I bumble my way through this RV park mess, I decided to take another, fresh look at the the RV parks in the area.  Refresh my memory, it's been quite a while since I looked and I do remember looking at them gave me inspiration. Not only to have as much of everything they all have, but then some. 

One thing the whole lot of them is lacking is a swimming pool.  I could not find one in any site, even the more "luxury" parks didn't have one.  Some of them have small lakes - something I have plenty of room for in the back of my property, tho I think I'm just going to start with a large fishing pond.  Something like 50 to 100 feet in diameter, so to speak, but I don't want a perfectly round pond. That doesn't look natural and I will be looking at pics of ponds all over the place to see what I want to have dug out - if/when I get there.

Well, not if I get there, it's a necessary part of the operation.  The drawback is the pond will have to be in the rear of the property, people will have to walk a fair distance to get to it from the park area.  I don't know if that's going to cause problems.  From the rear of the RV park it will still be another 700 feet off, the rear of the park will be around 1,350 from the street.....

Still, quite intriguing there are no pools. In fact, there is only one public pool in the entire town.  Some of the hotels have pools tho.  The reason I want a pool wasn't because no one else had one, I wasn't really sure about that until I started looking, but because it gets hot in northeast Texas in the summer and I can't really see a way to get people to want to come without some activity outside of the RV that isn't going to have people dripping with sweat.  You have to give them something to do, that's all I'm saying.

A pool is definitely not in the cards from the get go unless I can get financed for one.  

One of the supposedly better parks in the area had a giant gravel area for the rv's to park in.  There were spaces, I guess, but no grass, no picnic tables, no fire rings, just dirt and gravel.  It had a man made lake. It has a huge laundromat.  I can't compete with that right off the bat but I can put a few machines in.  Other than that, there is a large laundromat about 2-1/2 miles up the road.  I just thought that park, touting itself as the best around, had a long ways to go to make them competitive.  Maybe with the other parks in the immediate area it's better.....everything I plan on doing right at the start will make my park better than that place in many ways and when I eventually get done with upgrades, it will hopefully resemble an RV resort without the RV resort nightly stay prices.  

My intended nightly price is within the parameters of anything around my area.  Low priced, but I think the reason it's that way is because these parks have been around forever yet apparently aren't interested in upgrading to appeal to a much larger audience.  Much of the parks I am looking at here are nothing more than over night parking lots, to put it simply.  

It just reminded me that I'm  on the right track, I think anyway.  I'm going to have to find these parks on satellite and see if I'm missing something. One of them lists nature trails, but it didn't look like much.  I'm going to spend a couple thousand more in getting the trails I have done leveled and completely cleared and finishing up the rest of it.  The websites were pretty spartan as well. One of them had a - half-assed - description of their park and the rest had much of nothing. Probably because they have much of nothing to offer. I can only surmise they are either content with just people traveling through the area staying a night or - probably a lot of it - people living in those parks.  

Monthly rental rates that I saw are highly unappealing to me.  Not much money in that.  That's the old model - cram them in as small an area as possible, give them the basic amenities and call it good. 

I may not know as much about how to go about getting everything done as I would like to - but I do know what I want in terms of the end product.  That's the key. Old school, old model business platform.  People stay at them because there aren't a lot of other options in some or even many places.  Large corporations are getting into the RV business, building giant parks with water parks and all kinds of amenities that I can't compete with.

But not everyone wants to stay at mega parks.  Fortunately.

My first attempt at drawing a plan was a resounding failure.  I made everything too big on the paper and I couldn't show the entire park on it, just the spaces I need to put in at first.  That simply won't work.  The drawing has to show both driveways going clear to the back with a turn around back there - even if it's just cleared to begin with.  These people are pushing to clear the entire 7 acres, which is okay if it doesn't cost a fortune.  But to do that, I have to give them my proposed setup.  

I decided where to put everything - whether it at the beginning or future project - so I have to start all over and try again.  And again and again until I get it right.  

Well enough of this.  I have work tomorrow in a truck that I have no knowledge of it's condition.  I will show up early and see what I'm getting myself into.  Still irked about that driver telling lies so he could get his own way. I don't care about that truck, I do care that a person is attempting to taint another person's image for no particularly good reason.  

At least I corrected that nonsense with the people he was telling it to.  Rigidity and unwillingness to adapt doesn't work well with this particular company.  Being branded such a person - doesn't get that person very far.  

With that, g'nite.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...