Wednesday, September 14, 2022

 Quoted 28k for gravel.  For GRAVEL! "The cost of gravel right now is just crazy!"

Well what?  Did the earth run out of rock to crush?  Did the cost of fuel make the price go up 8-10K?  

I don't think so.  I don't know what I'm going to do right now.  Find cheaper gravel somewhere else.  This was the contractor quoting me that price.  He wants to put in 6 inch thick, which is preferable but right now?  I can't do that.  

It isn't the contractor over-quoting me, it really is the cost of gravel.  I'm going to have to go with 4 inch deep and a different kind of gravel that is cheaper.  I need at least 8 grand shaved off of that quote, that doesn't even include installing the drainage pipe - I thought maybe it did but after asking he said no.

The highest I wanted to go for gravel is 15k.  I mean, 28k is almost as much as installing the electrical lines and pedestals. In fact, it was the original quote for electrical until inflation started driving everything up.  I just can't see it and I'm doing a full stop right now and going to see what I can come up with.  

This project is not that big, I just can't see that much money in rocks!  

Watch YouTube videos on how to spread gravel?  Can it be that hard?  Go with crushed concrete?  What? Phone calls to any gravel producers within 50 - 75 miles will be made to see if they have something cheaper.  The local supplier has SB2 and Limestone. SB2 is what the quote is for, limestone is cheaper.  

Just going to have to sit here and think about this for a while.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...