Monday, September 19, 2022

 I went to the local competitor for rock - I didn't know there was one here, it didn't show up in any Google searches.  His prices were considerably better, but after the fact?  By the time I have them deliver it, rent a dozer and spread it, I might as well pay the contractor to do it for me. It's simply amazing how much the price of gravel is around here. Maybe everywhere?

This guy has it brought in on rail cars, versus the other company has to truck it here from quite a distance away.  I only found this guy because the driver for the first company said "I should shop around".  I replied there isn't anywhere nearby to shop around with and once you get too far out, even if you find cheaper gravel price, it will be erased by higher shipping fees.  That's when he told me about this dude in town. 

I caught the guy coming out of his office.  He said he normally isn't there on Saturdays and was only there because of a railroad mix up and he had 7 trucks waiting at the rails to be loaded.  Long story short, this is the dad of the man that owns the other company, he gave it to his son who has run it to the ground, according to dad. So, dad said the heck with it and started a new gravel business lol. Anyway, the cost is better but it's still so high!  I have no choice. Finish the park or let all that money sit and rot.  

I've said it several times before, I'll say it again: the costs of this park just getting the basic operation going are so high, I dunno if I would have even done this if I had known the costs after inflation started hitting everything.  The real bummer for me is that if it hadn't taken so long to get the property, I could have bought all of this stuff before inflation hit.  I'm neck deep into this, I have no choice but to pay the price for the gravel and pray to the Living God that He pours out His blessing upon the operation and causes it to prosper.  

Well, anyway, I need to get the quote on the drainage pipe install and get the rest of this going.  Even after all of this money I have acquired, I still may have to take out another loan!  Gag.  

Why does it seem like it's been months since I lost my job? Yet, it's only been a month.  

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...