Friday, October 14, 2022

 Enough of that.  The ground is hard - yes it poured rain 2 nights ago but the soil is so dry right now, the water just passes over it.  I tried to start digging out the 2 holes with the post hole digger and was getting no where fast.  I got about 5 inches down, got a bucket of water and poured it into the holes. Hopefully by tomorrow morning that will loosen everything up and I can also dump more water in them.  

I'm not going to torture myself in some sort of frenzy to get that sign up.  

Really, I just decided to come home and start doing rules research, incorporate other parks' rules into my own version of it and try to get that junk over with.  This is probably going to take the rest of the day. It takes a while just to find a park's rules on their website, many times they are buried in layers of pages and you have to keep looking to find them. I'm not sure why that is, are they trying to hide them?  

I need to get the dreaded paperwork stuff done. Stuff I have mostly been avoiding because I despise paperwork. Yean, I'm going to have to get over that.  I get it, but gag me with a giant wooden spoon, I really don't like it.  Maybe it will grow on me after I do it for a while and get used to it.  

I did learn that for Texas, I don't need a retail permit from the state unless I intend on selling products aside from renting out the sites.  Yeah, I'll bypass that one for now, I have no store and the only thing I was thinking of selling was firewood.  

I already have the required EIN number for the federal government, the website I used to get my LLC also signed me up for that . Of course the feds want their share - of everything.

On a different note, I was reading about the contention between current Texas governor Abbott and wannabe governor O'Rourke.  Beto claims he's going to use a good portion of Texas' rainy day fund - there's billions of dollars in there, I think near 30 billion now - to "pay down" property taxes by giving school districts more of the operating budget they need.  Yes, a vast majority of what you pay in property taxes goes to school districts. 

Apparently, Abbott says he is going to do something similar.  I'm all for NO property taxes whatsoever, so I am in full agreement with bringing the price tag down, at least.  Beto made an actual valid point: Why has Abbott not brought property taxes down before now?  I am NO fan of Beto, but this is one thing he said that I actually agreed with.  

Well, that was quick. I had saved to my documents a link to an RV park's rules. These rules are complete.  I think I am going copy them into a document and then adjust them to my liking - not everything in their rules applies and I don't necessarily agree with some of the rules.  Some things are a mystery - why do that want or not want that?  But, you get people that have been in the business a while and they come up with rules that work to keep the headaches down.  

Anyway, before I get too far into this post, I'm ending it and getting busy. 

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...