Sunday, January 29, 2023

 It rained all night long.  For probably an hour or longer, it was pouring rain, like someone opened a fire hydrant all the way and just let'er rip.  I can't even imagine what that driveway must look like right now. I'll go over today to find out, rest assured, while there's still rain coming later on. It either stopped or it's a light rain, I can't hear it now. If the radar is correct, it will start raining in an hour and a half and then rain for the rest of the day. 

Well, not that I have the ball rolling on the shed, I'm not going to stop.  So, I'll just have to take a look at my credit cards and see if there's a couple that can "withstand" having another $1,500 or so put onto them for at least 3 loads of gravel.  Tomorrow I'll head over to either Home Depot 2 towns over or the local pipe supply place and get the pipe I need.  If I go to Home Depot I can get the water heater and the enclosure for it and possibly the breaker box. 

I haven't decided what kind of pipe to use yet for the interior.  I don't think they use schedule 40 for the interior of homes - but this isn't a home and a busted line wouldn't do much of anything to anything.  

And honestly? I'm not even going to put any flooring in there to start with.  People that need laundry will just have to deal with it.  I care - but only to the extent of making that particular amenity available.  If they don't like bare wood floors, shrugs shoulders.  Tomorrow will tell the tale of whether I have new tenants coming in or not.  If there were 3 of them I could just pay for the gravel with that money - cash instead of credit.  I've got enough money in there right now to cover the bills I have attached to that account. And the electric bill came up online, it's less than $100.  The water bill was also quite low.  It's the time of year you get away with lower utility bills.  

However.  IF 3 more people show up, I'll have to get garbage service started out there. It's inevitable.  So far, I only find a bag or 2 full of garbage here and there in the 55 gallon container.  It would have been a waste of money to start a garbage service.  I just take the giant plastic bag home and dump it into one of our containers. We have an extra one - it only costs $5 extra per month - that doesn't get used that much.  For now, it works. 

I dunno, but this coming week, rain or shine, I'm going to be working on that setup.  I just need to get a breaker box installed and the water heater and then I can get started on all the interior stuff.  I figure washer and dryer are 50 amp service, water heater the same, the outlets for them and a couple of regular outlets.  I'd like to be able to plug in while I'm over there as well.  Also an outlet for the window AC unit - maybe 30 amp.  Plus running the plumbing, this will take some time.  

One dude said the coin op is better, even tho it's $250 per machine more expensive.  Home Depot and Lowe's both sell them.  I think they have to be ordered.  I guess I'll have to make up my mind soon on that situation. It's either regular machines with a keyed entry or coin op.  Coin op admittedly sounds far better than fooling with giving people a code and then hoping that other people that aren't paying for it get in there somehow anyway. I'd really like the machines to pay for themselves and then some.  The quandary is the money to put them in there. Plus you - well you don't have to - but it's good to get a quarter vending machine.  But, people go out all the time, they can grab quarters while they are running around town?

The reason I say this is because those quarter vending machines aren't cheap.  

Oh well.  We're -- probably -- going to church today which means we leave in 20 minutes.


No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...