Monday, February 6, 2023

 T-Mobile. I was told the other day I do not qualify for not in their 5g area. Now I'm told I am. Unbelievable amount of personal information they want to set up an account.  Might as well be getting a home loan.  Seriously, the electric company giving me thousands and thousands of dollars worth of equipment didn't ask for this much information.  I did it tho, because if it works, its $50 per month for unlimited data with the capability to connect up to 60+ devices at once.   I have to try something other than this Verizon.  I'll be close to $300 for the first month.  That isn't unheard of in the RV industry, but I've only got 6 people living there.  What happens when I have 14?  Untenable.  This is a no contract situation with T-Mobile, the same as Verizon.  

I'm really hoping it works.  I just can't be dumping all this kind of money out for a free service.  I could even see getting 2 accounts for a better experience.  I'll be doing a speed test whenever the thing shows up. You just plug the thing in and it does the rest. Seriously, you don't have to do anything else.  It was the same with the Verizon unit.

I'm actually thinking of getting the trailer and going over to Longview tomorrow instead of going to Lowe's. This would give me the opportunity to get the water heater, the heater enclosure, breaker box, breakers, line, outlets, fittings for the sewer and water lines and whatever else I need all in one fell swoop.  

I take that back. I will go to Lowe's to get the wood to finish the sign - I have the generator still loaded on the trailer. I'm not going to want to take that off until I get that sign finished.  After the sign is done, then I can take off for Longview. I am imagining several hours in that store to get everything.  I've priced out water heaters all over the place, they aren't cheap.  I don't think those inline instant heaters are cheap either.  I'd consider going with one if it were.  I've also determined that I am going to install a shower. 

No, not buying that tomorrow, I don't want to get distracted with that. But, I want to T off the water heater right off the bat with inline valves so I don't have to cut line and shut off - well wait, I'm glad I just thought of a water cutoff.  I'm going to put one to the whole shed and then 3 more: 1 for the water heater, 1 for the washer and 1 for the intended shower.  

This shower is not going to be anything fancy. Buy a premade thing that doesn't need anything but to hook up water lines and a drain. I know nothing about hooking up a shower drain pipe to 4 inch sewer line. Must be adapters.  Obviously would need some sort of P trap as well.  And if there is going to be a shower, there is going to be a toilet. I have nowhere to go over there besides stepping into the woods. That's more for myself than anyone else.  But I suspect I could attract tent campers if there were a shower to be had and also some of the overnight rv'ers.  

I also wouldn't mind putting some of whatever is the cheapest flooring in. Probably not a good look to be having bare, plywood flooring.  Oh, and I know how to install toilets- onto existing setups, but the setup itself? Lol, no. I'll have to do a lot of research before I try setting up a shower stall with a drain setup and a toilet.  That will come later, I just know I want it in there. If I'm spending the money on a water heater, might as well. A utility sink wouldn't be such a bad idea, either.  

It hopefully won't be terribly long before I'll need to rent the mini-ex. But I'm going to have to dig down by hand to the access point where the pipes and power lines go to that last lot.  I will need to see what I need to hook up to everything.  Again, I don't want an open trench for too long.

Whatever the case, I'm writing and rewriting this stuff to get it all in my head everything I will need.  If there's one thing I didn't much care for, it's the contractor's installation of the water line without any shutoff valves anywhere besides at the street itself.  Any future setups will have a water line shut off valve at every site.  They don't cost that much money.  It's a bit ridiculous to think you will have to shut off the water to the entire park because of a problem with a single water outlet.  If I have to cut any of those lines, a water valve will be installed.  In fact, I will just be buying some extra fittings - including a valve - for any problems.  If something breaks, I want to be able to fix it quickly.  

Well, as I said, just filling my head with the information I currently need. There is a lot of stuff there.  Just a lot of minutia.  Some larger items, yes, but a lot of smaller stuff.  Time to go to bed, actually. 

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...