Tuesday, February 7, 2023

 I wasn't going to write anything before going out to get stuff done this morning - but....

It was a horrible night in terms of sleep.  I got 4 straight hours of sleep, woke up and then half the night laying around trying to get back to sleep. By the time I did get back to sleep, it kept me sleeping til almost 9:30 am!  

This has got to stop.  I'm thinking I just need to get out of bed and do something when this happens - something monotonous and boring.  I have exactly the thing for that: business paperwork.  Spend an hour doing that and something inside of me will be begging  me to go back to sleep.  I'm seriously considering doing that tonight if this nonsense happens again.  I can't be laying around in bed, sleeping until the morning hours are almost over. Ridiculous.   

I've got the first month's bank statements and I want to do that on the ledger.  Quickbooks supposedly will automatically input anything going in or out of my bank account.  Well and fine, but not everything I am doing is going through the bank.  

My personal bank accounts are now, finally, depleting at a much slower pace now that I have diverted a lot of stuff - all business related -over to the business checking account.  About time.  I need more long term tenants.  I've only had one guy saying he's coming "sometime" this week and a lady that was interested but no real commitment.  I have another Facebook ad running.  

My new T Mobile internet box should be here on Thursday. Whenever it arrives, it is going immediately over to the property and getting set up.  If it doesn't work, I'll try it here at home. Fidelity isn't exactly cheap. The "claim" from T mobile is that it is on 5g network, extremely fast speeds and it allegedly doesn't matter how many devices are hooked up to it.  Well, this household has a LOT of devices between us. Laptops, desktops, phones, game systems, Nintendo Switches, I don't really even know the extent of what they have.  We definitely get our money's worth out of the bill I pay, but if it could be more than cut in half with the same results, I'd be down for it. 

Otherwise, the thing will be sent back to them - sorry, this thing didn't perform as advertised.  Still, $50 per month. They claimed it will never go up from there. I wonder how long they'll have that available at that rate?  Unlimited data? There must be something here that isn't telling the whole story.  Like perhaps throttling the speed so it's extremely slow after a certain amount of data is used up.  Or who knows what games they can play?

Alright, even tho a bit late in the day - I haven't left yet because I will sit and drink my obligatory cup/s of coffee before I do anything - I can still get over to Longview and get all that stuff I was thinking to get today.  I also remembered this morning we have an "old" trash can that I can take over to the property. A few years ago, the city's contract with the trash company expired - that trash company didn't want to do it anymore.  We were required to have our own trash receptacles to put out on the curb side.  It was great tho, you could put whatever out there, as long as it was curbside, they would pick it up.  Once Republic took over, they had their own trash cans and they wouldn't allow your own can out there.

Well, one of them is sort of a mini version of the Republic can and my giant trash bags will be big enough to line the thing.  This way, more trash will fit into it with the same sized bag as the 55 gallon thing I have and won't be quite so wasteful on bags.  Anyway, until I get more people in the park, I'm not going to be getting a trash service out there. Too much money for too little trash.  

Well, I guess I'm awake enough now.  Time to get with the program. 


No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...