Friday, March 24, 2023

 I'd like to forget today.

The electrician didn't make it, said he was busy trying to get a pad done before the storm arrives.

The storm never arrived. 90% chance of rain went to nothing.  

I mowed all 14 lots - and busted a windshield on a late model pickup with a rock that flew out of the mower.  $640 wonderfulness. 

People coming in tonight called and confirmed.  Then they called again and said their friends staying at another lot said that their lot was taken. 

Taken?  I have 2 guests coming in today, the 3rd of the group showed up yesterday, they showed up a day early, but that spot wasn't taken so that got the extra day. 

. They are all automatically assigned by the reservation system. I double-check it, but it's a sound system.

If someone makes a reservation, I am onto it right away. Nothing is left to chance, nothing put to memory.

So who are these people at lot 2? I have no idea. I know their last names because the people that showed up - with nowhere to park besides boondocking parking said the names of all of their square dancing friends. 

The got to the name of  a particular set of people. I went into the shed, fired up the computer, looked, they weren't in there.  

I dunno. 

Just a day.  I can't say I'll do better with reservations, I don't even do them. If someone calls me and wants me to do it for them, I block out the dates. I have a couple of those in there as it stands.  I don't leave anything to chance, faulted memory, distraction, whatever. If a reservation is made, it's in the campground software.

It's the broken windshield that got me today. I should have had the catcher on the mower - at least until I've been over the lots several times over to make sure there are no rocks to pick up and throw. I won't be making that mistake again. Any areas near trailers or vehicles for a while to come will be mowed with the grass catcher attached.

Windshields aren't cheap, especially late model vehicles with other things imbedded into them.

I'm offa here.    

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...