Friday, March 3, 2023

 Definitely out of it. Over to Harbor Freight for a pack of various sized hole-saws and over here, to the property.  There was a lot of rain going through here last night so I was pleasantly surprised to see the driveway in good shape. A couple of spots where water is pooling - but small and on the side.  The new gravel held.  It's not a muddy mess there for everyone to have to drive through.

My last remaining ditches next to the shed? 2 of them are full of water.  Those 2 are where I need to connect to pipe.  I'm not working through deep water and I just don't have it it in me today no matter how much I want to continue on  with this.  There is nothing stopping me from installing electrical outlets, standing water aside.  

If I ever get a bobcat out here again, I will take out more of the dirt on the side of the driveway. I can see now where it's still high and needs more removed.  It's far too much to do by hand.  

The sun has not come out yet, plenty cloudy outside I do hope it goes away so the tent camper coming tomorrow will have at least a semi dry experience.  But,  I cannot control the weather and I have pitched a tent in many places that were wet in the past.  It just depends on how much you have that desire to be outdoors and experience nature. Rest assured, there is plenty of nature back there to experience!  

I am sitting here inside the shed with the lamp on. It generates a lot of heat - it's pretty chilly out right now.  Contemplating the next door neighbor - he isn't talking to me at all and hasn't ever since he found out I was building an RV park here and came to the instant conclusion that he would be experiencing theft over there from my guests. 

That, of course, hasn't happened. There are no poor people staying here currently  The workers are obviously making good money judging by both the trailers they pulled in here and definitely the trucks they are driving. 

Regardless, he remains standoffish and distant.  Not my problem, but it would be nice if I could have a little better relationship with neighbors.  The people renting houses on the other side of my property and across the street? I've waved at them several times and the do not wave back.  I take that back, one lady did, once. I had never seen here there before.

It's Friday and all 3 trash cans are full.  They haven't brought the second, large can that I ordered. If they had, it would likely be full and the smaller cans would be empty.  But we still have the weekend to go through and they generate a lot of trash, especially come Sunday mornings.  It's just forcing me to discontinue this service and get that dumpster over here.  

I need 18 more overnights this month to equal the monthly lot rent I'm charging for monthly.  It's still early in the month.  I will have to get out here tomorrow to make up for today's loss of time/progress - hopefully those trenches are empty of water by then.  

Well enough of this.  Maybe I will, after all, at least install the outlets.  













No comments:

 Saturday - afternoon It only took an hour to unload the truck.  It took a combined 25 minutes, however, to get security guards to the scale...