Saturday, April 8, 2023

 Temu - I believe a Chinese online store that keeps invading my facebook, google and other spaces with unbelievable prices on things.  If it's too good to be true, it almost always is, especially on the internet.  I'm interested in as little commerce with China as possible as it stands.  Not to mention who knows if it's legit - even if Chinese - to be buying from them. The only form of payment I've seen for them that I would even try is PayPal.  

I guess I accidentally deleted a new listing for Facebook for my park. So, I just boosted another one that I've relisted numerous times - it's actually done the best for me in terms of results and it's quite cheap.  Try, try again.  The ad did generate a person allegedly coming in Monday for a month or so.  Again, I'll take whatever I can get.  A day, a week, a month, a year, whatever it is, I'll take it. 

The more I look at new and used car pricing, the more I know that getting this SUV fixed - versus them paying cash for it's "current market value" was the right thing to do.  The cash they give me would be a fractional down payment on a new car or truck.  Prices for new vehicles have skyrocketed and prices for used vehicles have as well. These car dealers are offering cash on the spot for used vehicles. 

The problem is, even if they give you good money, you are going to have to turn around and spend a fortune on another vehicle.  I'll stick with this gas guzzler for a while longer.  Maybe a long while longer. Once they fix it, it will look great again, the rest of the body is in excellent condition.The interior needs a drastic cleaning, I'm not doing that until I'm done with the shed.  Then I"ll get everything out of it and put it with the rest of the stuff in the sheds.   

It's been quite the day.  An Easter Egg hunt, a birthday party, 2 trips to the property.  The last trip, the boys went with me and it just so happened another 8 year old was visiting his dad at the park as well, so the played for quite a while on a rather wet hill of dirt and they all got covered with it.  I also spent an hour talking with people at the park - it's the way it goes there. The guy that paid me today says he's not sure if he will be leaving in a month or not - he just doesn't know.  It sounds like he will be tho.

He apparently comes back twice a year to work on the power plant down there.  I need some more long term in there pretty quick.  One hopefully coming Monday but he already stated he was only going to be there a month. The guy that showed up out of the blue had said he has a friend that will move in and he also told the eyes of the park the same thing - but that hasn't materialized.  ]

I dunno, but I'll keep running my Facebook ads until 2 more lots are filled.  What else to do.  I've only got 2 more reservations for the pull throughs for the rest of this month.  That's on the 16th.  That isn't going to work - tho I am getting these last minute calls, at least a few of them, people needing a place to stay while traveling through.  I need a lot more reservations for April, May and beyond.  If I have to turn it into all lots being long term, I will. Versus losing money for the travelers that aren't materializing enough to warrant having any overnight lots.  Or, maybe just one overnight lot?  

Who knows, get the 2 filled up and then, I will probably just leave the ads up. Yes, I can hope that amenities will bring them in, but if they don't.....

I dunno, but it's getting late and I'm outta here. 

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...