Sunday, April 23, 2023

 The lady couple got to the park and wanted to change their lot from a back-in lot to a pull through. Lot 5 is the only pull through available, but to make them happy, I instantly agreed, sure! 

Not a big deal, right? No, but some people put in a reservation for lot 5 today before I could black it out.  So I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to change lots with reservations already on them.  I was trying to delete both reservations but they wouldn't let me, telling me I had to deal with pricing in another sector on the software.  

This is something I haven't run into before and now? I have to start watching more training videos to see if I can find out how to manage this. Meanwhile, I sent a confirmation letter to the people that just put in the reservation - we are moving you to a back-in lot - it has ample room but it is a back in lot.

The kicker here? It's just a 21 foot long trailer.  This could have gone to Hipcamp if they were to agree to power only and have access to a dumping station and a water spigot to fill up their tanks. And Hipcamp will be cheaper. 

Anyway, I figure someone will leave soon enough out of the pull throughs and open that up again.  What if they don't? Well the means they're paying money.  The new guy that is there for long term finally said he could pay Cashapp. I'm fine with cashapp, I take payments however people want to pay them. 

What's on tap for tomorrow? Yes, this is Sunday, I did go over there but only long enough to see if the man had come back to pay up and also let the boys eat their Happy Meals in the shed.  The laundry has been getting used all day long.  It's what I need - but on a more regular basis to get the money coming in to at least pay for the payments on the machines.  That was the goal from the beginning, I don't really think I'm going to get that much going in there.  

However, it is beginning to pick up.  The ladies are going to use it, both lots of eyes are using it and a couple of other wanted the access code as well.  That's good news even if the one lady wants to complain she "love having this place all to myself". Yes, well she doesn't have to make $219 per month payments on machines and I don't want to be paying for that kind of amenity, I want to at least break even.  Wifi is a given, it's free, but laundry? 

The people with the Great Dane suggested that "you almost need another set of machines".  No, I thought, I don't. I don't want more machine payments and unless everyone in the entire park started using the laundromat, I am not going there.  I have to average 3 loads per day to pay the payments and so far? That isn't happening. Now that it's starting to pick up, it might get to that point.

I'm going to have to get the directions, sit down and try to make heads or tails of how you change the amount being charged. It's only $2.50 per load and that is not the going rate.  It's more like $3.00 per load.  I am tempted to just have someone come out and pay for them to do it, the instructions are difficult to understand. It tells you to unscrew something but doesn't specify what, just says where. But if you look, there are no screws there.  In fact, I think I will contact the company that sold it to me and see if they can find a person to come out and do that.  

Anyway, tomorrow's agenda does not include reversing that T in the ground. Too wet. Just keep working on stuff inside the shed. Probably get all the rest of the electrical outlets finished and then probably start on installing that insulation.  

Had to edit.  These people show up at the park unannounced. No phone call, no text message, no email, nothing.  They drive through the park looking for a place to park.  There is only one space open - lot 12 - but is available for tonight. So, they call me AFTER they arrived and asked if I had a space available? yes, I have one lot....interrupted, they told me lot 12.  Yes, that's the available lot.  I just find it pretentious to show up like that. Why not call before you get there? What if I have nothing available? They must have been desperate, I dunno.  Nothing on any of my websites invite people to come take a lot without asking. Lmao.  

With that? Bedtime. 

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...