Wednesday, April 26, 2023

 5 time repeat customer coming again for a couple of days boosting lot 12's appeal in keeping it short term.  I have never spoken with these people. They show up, they drop the trailer, they hook up, they leave.  I've seen them a couple of times, waved at them and moved on.  Give me another 10 days worth for that spot in the next 30 days and it's paid for itself the same as my current rates of long term.  I don't mind keeping one lot open if it's going to generate sufficient revenue.  

I'm certainly not going to tell those 3 sets of people that I don't have the space available, that's a fact. So, stuck with it for overnighters, I'll just hope I can get some more people in there to rent it. 

I'm feeling much better.  I should be able to go over there and continue work tomorrow.  It's been raining most of the day and severe storms coming tonight, however, that may affect sleep. I'll still go over there but at what time? I'll figure that out in the morning.  It's actually better that I just get over to Lowe's and get that sink and cabinet.  Well, probably just a waste of time.  I'm not getting into what is remaining of that trench after all of this rain and more projected tomorrow.  

It's okay. I have to finish some wiring and outlet installation, the AC installation and start putting in the insulation.  There's plenty to do.  Wiring will take precedence, I'd like to get that over with and behind me, at least the stuff I can do for right now.  Actually the only other wiring I will have left is if I want to install a stove in the future and another wiring setup for another set of machines. The stove is a real possibility, the machines? Not so much.  These machines are getting used on the weekends but slight usage during the week. I see no need to purchase more.  If people want to complain, I will tell them they can use them when there is no one using them.  If it's that big of a deal, they can just go to the laundromat like they've been doing.

The thing about the stove wiring is the expense.  I have to decide if I am really going to do that at some point, for that wiring is expensive. Stoves use 50 amp breakers meaning I think it's 6-3 wiring.  Even 10 feet of that stuff would cost probably around $80. And 10 feet would work, now is the time to do it. I'm going to fill that hole the wiring is coming in through with duct sealant and after that stuff is in there, it's going to be difficult to remove it to push through another wire.  

Oh, btw, I bought the outlet for the stove, the box it goes in and a cover awhile back. I was certain I was going to put in a stove and I am still convinced it may be a good idea.  Ill probably go ahead and get that wire when I get the vanity.  Those are the few big ticket - well not that big actually - but big enough ticket items left.  The stove can wait, the kitchen sink can wait, etc.  I'll need a bench for the bathroom as well, I'm looking for something cheap, not fancy.  I'm tired of spending money on this thing.  I still have hipcamp wiring to go - but I've had the wire sitting there for a month. Just haven't had time to get to it, the priority is to get the shed going for whosoever demands such amenities to be in there.  

I'll be taking a shower in that stall. Yes, I know it works, I want to just stand there with the hot water running and ensure I have it right.  The water drains perfectly, no pooling.  There are no leaks and I have backfilled that setup underneath the shed.  I guess I should get some throw rugs for people to stand on when they get out of the shower. I know I don't like standing on cold, hard flooring.  Several dollar tree cheap rugs or Ollie's will work.  

The point is that you just hang one up to dry and put a fresh one in when one gets wet.  This is far from being a fancy setup here, it's practical and that's all I was aiming for, for now.  It's cost a truckload of money, I hope it pays off. I am very glad, regardless, of having a bathroom to use the toilet now instead of having to go out into the woods or sending the kids out there.  

I did spend time today updating websites where my park is listed to reflect the sewer dump, the water spigot, the grassy area for hipcamp, the laundry, shower and toilet.  I also put out a local Facebook ad in case there are any tent campers in the area that want a place to pitch a tent over night.  My Google site has been updated to reflect the additional amenities.  

I would very much appreciate it if Google would please update the photo from satellite of the property. It's just a forest - people look at it, they tell me so. Looks like you just have trees there? This must be a new park?  I'm just not going to spend $300 on drone footage.  I don't know that the money spent would equate into income.  I could put a link to google maps on there for people to see the footage.  

Well enough.  It's not late but I've got a lot on my mind right now. 

And I was taking a look at Hipcamp. It's crazy. You have to change options in 4 different places. Otherwise, it still shows no laundry, shower or toilet.  I'm glad I went through all of that yet again.  I have now going through the entire admin site and hopefully I have this correct. I am going to go to Google Incognito and take a look. Okay, the only thing left is that I need to take a couple pics of the Hipcamp area.  I don't want people thinking they are getting an RV site for that kind of money - it's cheap.  It's enough to make a little profit and get some extra finances generated.  I'm going to get some pics tomorrow and get those up there quick, lol.  

I guess I best take a pass through my Roverpass site one more time as well! Well that sucks.  I'm on page 4 for a search for my town.  Most of what's showing up isn't even in my town. These other sites must be paying to get their site boosted.  Hipcamp? My listing shows up at the top of the page.  I'm going to start looking for tent camping apps and see if I can get on some of them.








No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...