Sunday, May 28, 2023

 Sunday - early afternoon. 

Doesn't feel like Sunday for some reason.  Mostly been hanging out with mom, saw my son and have plans to see an old friend tonight - at a bar. Not my choice, this is where he hangs out at and where he wants to meet. Whatever, at least it's not far.  That will be it for my visiting for tomorrow afternoon I am going back home. 

Good to see mom again, she's doing well, certainly for her age and I can rest easy for a while. I probably won't consider coming for a visit again unless it's in the winter time here.  She keeps the thermostat at 80-82 and that's her comfort zone. Mine, for sleeping at least, is 70. You may think that sounds like a ridiculous reason to put off another trip, but it's really not.  I was sitting there sweating at the dinner table when I first got here and finally she said something about the temp and I said, yes, need to cool it down, at least a few degrees.  

It was a great visit with my son, albeit only 2-1/2 hours. He was getting ready to go out with his circle of friends.  He turned 30 the other day and they were going to drag him off to bar and try to get him drunk.  Well, he said, I don't really drink, but they are driving so I'll go.  I don't know how that went, I think I"ll contact him and see what happened\, lol.  Since I will probably have a few beers tonight, I am not going to drive either. It's Memorial Day weekend and the cops are out looking for impaired drivers.  I will not be getting drunk but they can make stuff up. 

A Lyft ride at $20 each way is cheaper than a trip to jail and all that entails.  They do sobriety check points here, which I think is a huge infringement on citizens' rights regardless of the "good" reasons they are doing it. There is no probable cause, they just stop everyone. I saw something that said you don't "have" to go through the checkpoint, you can turn around and go the other way.  Yea, right, and you are telling me they aren't going to come chasing you down? 

I also found out this particular bar has cops that sit around waiting for people to leave. Anyway, it's just trouble I don't need, thank you very much. 

I'm not really into the bar scene, is what I'm saying.  I don't mind going to Chili's with a bar there, but that's a family style restaurant, not a bar-only thing where there is loud music, people getting drunk, people looking for fights, people have to yell to talk to anyone - not my thing at all.  I wish this interaction could be done elsewhere.  Whatever. I'm looking forward to going home tomorrow.  I have been having trouble sleeping - much worse than I already have at home.  I would have rather stayed at a hotel, tbh.  

The flight won't land in Longview until late, I figure I won't get to the house earlier than 1:00 am. I have no intentions of getting out of bed once I am there until late morning if that.  I'm just going to laze around the house Tuesday unless there is something pressing going on at the park.  There probably is, who knows, I got texts from people saying an "old trashy truck" showed up last night camping behind the shed.  Yes, that was me letting some folks stay the night so they could get a shower.  They paid $10 and spent an hour bathing in the bathroom. I know this because I looked at the notifications on my camera.  I didn't know what kind of people they are, didn't want to see things like tools walking out of there with them. 

I don't really trust people.  I got 2 forms of identification from them, pics texted to me.  The lady said they are from Oklahoma and they were visiting her father who is dying, but they don't get along with his wife who isn't her mother.  I get that, totally.  The identification showed they are from here but also another ID from a tribal government in Oklahoma. They are already gone so I don't have to worry about these people complaining about them. They originally asked about tent camping and that's what I was going on. They ended up just being in a pickup and needing access to a bathroom.  I'll bleach that shower and toilet nicely when I get back.  

I had a 6 nighter cancel. Another one gone. This one, the daughter of the man had something happen that he had to cancel and he offered to let me charge him for one night. Standard in the industry, tho I haven't even made up my mind about that.  Another RV coming tonight, or so they say anyway.  

I've got a 9 day stay coming tomorrow.  Hopefully they won't also be canceling?  Traveling season and I'm not really getting a good share or the travelers coming in. I have several lots available right now for overnighters.  Only one guy contacted me 2 days ago about a long term but he never committed and didn't show up.  

The boys were missing me to the point Taylor asked if I would facetime them.  Oh? I don't do facetime, but I made an exception.  They had gotten themselves into trouble - again. This time, they were both looking at Youtube in the bed in their bedroom when they were supposed to be sleeping.  IE: get up, go to the living room, get the device.  That got them blocked from games for the entire Memorial Day Weekend.  The younger boy cracks me up tho. He'll come home from school with a headache.  Why do you have a headache?  Too much talking.  Huh?  They talk too much at school. He is referring to the teachers lmao.  No, he doesn't like school, lol

Ok well enough.  There isn't much to discuss besides the ever evolving political and woke landscape that is basically destroying our nation - or at least turning it into something that probably most people don't want but won't do anything about it.  These politicians are something else. I had at least some hopes that McCarthy would stand firm until Democrats caved at least a little. Apparently this "deal" he has worked out isn't anything on the scope of what the bill the House passed earlier this year had in it.  In other words, as far as I can see it, he caved.  That's pretty much the mantra of the Republican party, cave.  

I'm going to take a nap, lol.  Didn't sleep well. 



























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, nor anybody else has a "right" to drive. It is a privilege and can be taken away for not behaving in a legal manner.

WHen I worked for PD, the highway cops let me know that anybody pulled over who began talking about their "rights" was guaranteed to get the "package" i e get the book thrown at them, like the guy who had his Mercedes towed and impounded.

BenB said...

Driving isn't a right, I'm well aware of that. But police shouldn't have the right to just stop every vehicle that comes along without any reason or cause. That is, IMO, 4th amendment violation. I'm also no fan of immigration being able to stop citizens that are also 90 miles north of the border, regardless of how noble the cause may be.

 Saturday - afternoon It only took an hour to unload the truck.  It took a combined 25 minutes, however, to get security guards to the scale...