Friday, May 26, 2023

 Admittedly in a bit of a grumpy mood this morning, I ended up going back to bed for a while. I was still exhausted.  An hour nap and I felt better.  Met with my son for near 3 hours at the Denny's near where he lives. It was a good visit, a lot of information passed back and forth.  His friends are taking him to some bar tonight to celebrate his 30th birthday. No, he's not a heavy drinker.  He drinks socially and not that often.  It was a fun and enjoyable visit. I doubt I'll see him again this trip.  

Back home, ate a huge dinner with mom and that's it. I have no other plans today and don't want any more plans.  2-1/2 more days and I'll be going home.  I think I will try and meet up with a friend that keeps saying he wants to, just hasn't happened yet.  He's having a cookout Monday and as much as I would love to come for that, the plane departs Monday sometime after 5 and I suspect I will need to leave here for the airport by 2 pm.  It's 45 minutes over there and Monday is likely going to be a huge travel day.  

At least the flight is shorter than the one that went from DFW to LAX.  I am pretty confident it will be a completely full airplane. They had people on standby for the DFW to LAX flight.  

Since lot 2 left, I opened up yet another lot for short term.  The pull throughs are popular and lot 2 is a pull through. In case someone needs a place to stop, they can do that online.  I had one person asking if I had a long term spot available today, yes.  Do you have 50 amp service? yes.  All questions were answered yes - and then he disappeared.  That's it, tho, I have no new prospects coming in for long term.  

Yes, obviously, I am keeping track of what is going on  at the park. An overnighter pulled in earlier - I got a notification and looked. They are prepaid, another coming tomorrow for same-said lot and then 2 more incoming tomorrow, another on Sunday and then a 5 day stay on Monday.  After that is another coming in on Thursday and then? That's it. For now, anyway, with no more short or long term booked.  As I said, this situation needs to change and in a hurry.  I need 3 more long term and I need them pretty quick.  

Funny thing, Facebook allowed one of my posts to run over and over - delete and relist option - and then today? They said it doesn't meet their standards and was deleted lmao.  The part that is ridiculous is they don't bother to tell you why, they just say it's in violation and dump it without giving the option to fix it.  In fact, I even paid for a boost on that ad a couple of times! FB and it's inconsistencies.  

Well whatever.  Not a lot going on atm.  Well, excepting the dude that fell and ended up in the hospital in Longview. He fell because of his heart, whatever happened exactly I don't know, but he now has a pacemaker in  and is home at the park recovering.  Initially misunderstood, I thought they said he fell and then had the heart problem. Then I find out he fell because of the heart problem.  Ok then, that sounds more feasible.  

The time change here is messing with me.  2 hours behind us, my bedtime is coming up soon yet it's only almost 7:00 pm here.  I'm really tired. I just never got caught up on my sleep from trip for the texting in the middle of the night last night with the power out.  I think I'm going to retire early tonight.  









No comments:

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...