Friday, September 8, 2023

 I bring the dog in to feed him.  I make him lay down on his bed.  Fill the bowl up and call him over to eat.  Something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye.  Dog bed getting covered in blood.  Carpet covered with bloody paw prints.  Out! 

He cut himself on something in the back yard.  Who knows what or where, hopefully won't happen twice.  This was not a cut on the paw pads, but in the cavity behind it.  It was a large cut, but I figured it would eventually stop bleeding. Got some peroxide to clean it out.  An hour later and it's still bleeding. Gag.  I run over to the park, unload some stuff that was filling the SUV up, had a conversation with a new person, then tried to leave before being flagged down by someone else, finally got out of there and home.

The bleeding had increased since I left, not gone down.  I ended up taking him to my vet at the animal hospital.  
The man put some staples in there, cleaned it up nicely, gave me some antibiotics and pain meds to give him, we came home. Shoved those pills down his throat and now? I guess the pain medicine must be making him drowsy because he's out on Addler's old bed.  Oh, also picked up Addler's ashes that have been ready forever.  

He's fine, there is no more bleeding, they put some bandages around it anyway to keep the puss off the flooring and such, told me to take it off tomorrow.  

That's been my quite unproductive day today.  Well, I did go to the bank when I was coming back from the park, I don't like carrying around hundred dollar bills. It's one thing to lose a dollar bill, quite another to lost a $100.  

That's it, really.  Instead of figuring out the problem with the shower stall, this is all that I have gotten done and now that it's late afternoon, I'm not going to bother with it. I'll either do it tomorrow or head over Monday to cut out some drywall and see what needs to be replaced.  

I also checked the lot where the man is past due on his rent, the QuikTrip worker. Not there.  Someone told me today they haven't seen anyone over there at all in a while.  I agree, I don't see them over there either.  They may have left town and just didn't say anything about it. I did print out a letter for the guy, but I forgot to take it over with everything that was going on.  I also reset the outside camera, that thing hasn't been recording anything and it's getting annoying.  It seems to have worked at least.  

That's enough for now. The dog is fine.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...