Sunday, September 17, 2023

 So here I set at DFW,  trip from Longview uneventful besides sitting next to a man whose body didn't fit the seat. He asked if he could be switched to one of the rows in front of us that were empty? Oh no, we can't do that, those are upgrade seats.  So even after the flight is seated and no one else coming with several empty they still won't allow people to switch? Unbelievable.  

I said nothing to the man, it was a 37 minute flight, just eat it.  \

However.  The next flight, fully 3 hours from now and yes, I've eaten and done everything I wanted to before sitting down at the 3rd gate now. Just received a text to go back to the previous gate.  3 gate changes, 4 gates total so far. 

Should I walk from gate 37 back to gate 21, or just sit here and think, gee, they might change it again?  I've never seen this many gate changes especially so long before the flight even takes off.    

Oh, well I don't plan on having someone else's body in contact with mine for 4 plus hours the next flight.  I will politely say something to the person if that's that case, if that's even possible in this day age.  

Yup, I"m just going to sit at gate A37 until it's an hour before departure time. If nothing changes before then,  I'll do the walk clear back to gate A21.  

Anyway, I am neither enthused nor aghast at this trip so far. It's just normal now for all kinds of bs.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which airline was it that would not let a passenger move into an empty seat?

BenB said...

American Airlines. There were several empty seats in the economy class area.

Anonymous said...

Ever since they gobbled up US Air, they have been despicable. They were about as well as our govt.

Anonymous said...

were should be work

BenB said...

I dunno, but I thought it was stupid that they wouldn't allow seats that are empty and aren't in any higher class section of the plane to be taken by someone else. American is the only player coming into the Longview airport that I know of tho. I have had other ridiculous experiences with them as well, but I loath to drive clear to Dallas or Fort Worth to get on an airplane.

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...