Tuesday, February 20, 2024

 Just a short.

Tuesday - mid-morning

My offload time isn't until 4:00 pm, but I am told to arrive at noon if I want to get done earlier for that is usually when the first load is done and out of there.

So yes, I'm leaving in a little while to arrive around noonish, get it over with and have some free time to do what I need to get done.

Amazingly, it's going to get up in to the mid 70's today.  Although I greet such nice weather, it also means something else: weeds will start to grow again.  I never got the front done, I tried but the stuff just wouldn't take off, ie: the whole field on fire.  

And it also means something beyond that: I will have to figure out what to do about summer grass before much longer.  

So here we are, facing a huge property tax bill and wondering how to get summer grass growing without spending thousands of dollars on it.  Uh-huh. Even grass seed is ridiculously expensive.  The rye grass is relatively cheap but the summer grass is way up there in price.  

See, I am getting to the point where I am just not going to obsess over this stuff and constantly worry about it.  If I have the finances, it will get done, if I don't, there is nothing I can do about it and put it into the Lord's hands. I don't really want dirt lots all summer long. That's all.  Green looks so much nicer.  

I need some wisdom and direction from God about all of this.  

So I will be thinking towards that end today while driving and just contemplating.

G'day

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...