Monday, April 8, 2024

 Mid - day

Got more than I planned on getting done - done.  The pole is put together, in the ground and cemented in.  It will be next week at the earliest before I trust the cement has dried and cured enough to put a ladder against the thing.  It's supposed to rain the next 3 days.  I don't mean sporadic rain, from what I am hearing it's going to be another 3 day constant rain event.  

Not in love with that idea, but, it doesn't matter. I have a lot more mowing to do over there, I didn't plan on doing all of that today.  I threw away a large amount of trash from the tent lady's area, mowed that all down and the guy next door and cleaned it up nice.  It's usable for 30 amp service if anyone wants to stop in for an overnight.  I don't want to do long term there right now, not until I get my other electrical system in.  

I could have forced myself to do more, but I have other plans with the rest of the day that don't include physical labor. I badly need a haircut and then - if there's time after I get the rest of my agenda done today? start clicking off photos for my quickbooks.  That will get tossed into the turbo tax setup - it's all owned by the same company and interlinked when you allow it to do so.  

Oh, I also went to the bank and deposited more cash.  I'm pretty good about that, getting it into the business account and getting it out of my hands so I don't spend it.  Both accounts are looking pretty spiffy now that I have dumped the gift money in there, have a large paycheck added to it and just collecting rents for the business account. Even after the property tax, there is a nice chunk of change in that account of which I am fixing to pay out the electric bill.  It will still be around 2 grand, money I don't want to touch but, alas, will have to in order to rent a mini-ex.  

I figure Thursday I will get everything ready for that venture and then Friday morning, go get the machine and hope that they have one available.  I'll get the pipe for the driveway over to where it needs to go and I'll get the spool of wire out and ready to go as well.  

With that in mind, yes, I"ll get started on this tax garbage today. I've been procrastinating, I freely admit. I hate that kind of paperwork, it is tedious and it just gives me a headache.  

BTW, the sky is completely overcast.  The eclipse starts in 40 minutes, will peak in something like 2 hours.  I'll try to get a live video - short one - of near the period where the least light will be showing, but it's already dark out there with the overcast skies. 

No comments:

 Wednesday-late It was relatively quick, driving back to the house for fresh clothing, over to the park to hook up the trailer, down to the ...