Wednesday, July 3, 2024

 Wednesday - mid morning

Of course, I didn't bother to get out of bed particularly early today and likely a repeat tomorrow.  I decided against renting a skid steer today, it's going to be projected 99 degrees which means the real feel, I'm guessing around 110 if not higher.  Yea, screw that.  It can wait until these guys clean it all up first anyway.

I did not ask them to do all of that by hand, btw.  The workamper is headed out the door, so to speak, without his work opportunity so apparently he talked with Allen about working with him to clean up the front and the rear.  I was quite blunt with him, Robert is his name.  After thinking about it as I said in previous blog entry, I flatly told him that Allen is your supervisor and you will do whatever he says.  He gave me a look that almost had me telling him to go away, your opportunity was lost and now after that glare, you can go jump into an icy cold lake.

But I didn't. The man is low IQ, something is wrong with the cables and motors that bring the elevator up to the top floor, it makes it midway and stops working.  I am not saying that to mock the man, I am seriously saying something is screwed up in his head.  You say something and you can tell it did not resonate with him. He just has the blank stare like you were just talking to a telephone pole.  So, with Allen, I am going to tell him that if he wants that man to work with him, fine, but keep an eye on him constantly for he doesn't listen.  He'll do his own thing.  If his "own thing" was grounded in any semblance of common sense, I might go along with it, but it doesn't and I have no more time to waste with him nor have to deal with the frustration of attempting to deal with a person that simply is not all there.  

I will be over there later. I just got out of bed and I do have plans. The dog needs his shots, I need to go renew the registration on both my SUV and my trailer, I need to stop at the bank, I have to pick up some supplies at Lowes (business related, not personal) and I need to get some steaks that are on sale at Kroger's for a little cookout tomorrow for the 4th.  Patriotism is not evil, as the left/woke tries to make it appear. A lot of men and women have died for this nation including the American Revolutionary War  "The regulars are coming!".  These people that want to change the fabric of our society into some communistic horror show care nothing about patriotism, God or the American culture.  

Some people believe we are already in a cold civil war. The country is definitely divided and there are lines that have been drawn.  I hope it never comes to an actual war being fought with firearms and citizen' death.  We have a president running our nation that is clearly not all there. No idea what is wrong with him, but it would appear he is not aging the way I have seen others aging that are older than him. My mother is much older than Biden yet her mind is definitely still all there.  She is in her "winter years", but that's relating to the condition of an aging body, her brain/clarity of mind? Still intact. Biden? Not at all.  When people discuss risk to our nation's security, it's discussing a person that is Chief of our nation's military yet cannot be counted on to make decisions that are in the best interests of our nation.

That is NOW, not in the next election.  If the Russian or Chinese - or both combined along with Iran and other hostile actors - against the US, do you really believe Biden could make the decisions needed to be made, quickly, in order to defend our nation? No.  Other people are making decisions for him, that is my belief at this point.   

Anyway, I digress.  A simple statement about going to Kroger's and I go off on all of that, lol.  It's just that this nation is not headed in the direction that many of us would like to see it going and that's of great concern. God is still in control, I have to remind myself. Whatever happens to the US, it's by design.  

I'm carrying around far too much cash, I need to get that stuffed into the business bank account and besides, I have a huge electric bill coming due.  Not that the money isn't already in there, I just would like to see the number continue to grow as far as cash on hand versus outgoing bills (accounts payable I guess).  

I don't even know if they can get the dog in today, he needs rabies, parvo, Bravecto, etc.  Whatever they say he needs, that's what he's getting.  He's a good doggy, I've grown to like him. He's quite rambunctious and he's very strong.  After all of this time trying to fatten him up, his rib cage isn't sticking out so much but he's still a skinny beast.  I mean, at his age Danes usually fill out. Not this dog! Not yet anyway. I also want to get him fixed, not today but I do want to discuss how much it will cost including kenneling him at least overnight.  I can only guess at at least $500.  

I also need to get the ride ready to go for vacation. Apparently we are taking 2 vehicles.  I don't care either way, it will be a very cramped ride for 5 hours if we all try to cram into the pickup.  Getting it ready is just cleaning it out nicely and detailing it.   And possibly taking it into a shop to see what's wrong with the rear ac. It just doesn't come on at all.  No fan, nothing.  The good thing is that my front ac blasts out cold air, all 4 vents have a large volume of cold air that come out of it, it takes a bit but after a while it will cool the entire vehicle. Just have to aim the vents towards the rear.  

Still, I'd like to have it fixed. 

I think I'll go to the bank and the county building first,, get that stuff done, head over to the property, ask what they need: gas, a gallon of white paint and a new 2 gallon sprayer at the least.  I need to get that power going over there, that's not happening today but maybe ... maybe... tomorrow. It's just so darn hot out there.  Gag.

I best get moving.  

G'day

No comments:

 I've decided to get up at 4 am, get over to the park and get rolling out of there no later than 5 am.  That gets me to the washout at 6...