Saturday, August 31, 2024

 Saturday - late morning

Because it's supposed to start raining, not much is going to get done today. I suppose i could focus on business paperwork issues and reconciling receipts, what fun!

However, I did find out how much to register the boat online.  Was just looking because I was curious if they were going to try to back charge me for previous years that it wasn't registered - it wasn't being used, waste of money. Fortunately, no.  Didn't pay the fee, just looked, next will be to find out how much to register the boat trailer.  

I don't feel the need to pay for all of that until that boat is ready to go.  That might be a while.  No clue, really, depends on how motivated the boat mechanic is, which so far? Doesn't appear to be highly motivated.  But, who knows, he's probably broke since he isn't working, I'm not asking him to do the work for free.  I've got most everything it needs. Probably gonna have to buy some hardware and who knows if he'll find parts that need replaced on the motor, etc.  

If he sees things that could use an upgrade and don't cost a fortune, I will entertain that as well.  It doesn't have a sonar for fishing, tho I think those are pretty expensive.  Just get everything working is really what I want.  Lights, motor, trolling motor, etc. \

Still planning on going home for probably 6 days.  Home state anyway, I don't consider myself an Arizonan anymore, I have interest in the state but the entire Phoenix metro area is for -- well I don't even know if the birds like it there.  October is the intended month, the exact day I haven't pinned down yet. I have been informed that I will be asked to do work of some sort, I assume stuff mom can't do on her own.  I'll probably go on  monday, leave on a Friday morning and be back the next day.  I mean, a person who loves driving might could get it done in less time, me? No thanks.  Maybe 700 miles the first day and then finish up the other 600 the next.  Take the next day off after that for recovery and then go back to work. 

My 3 endeavors to reduce monthly expenses has so far only resulted in one of them actually coming to pass: I dropped Verizon and am on T Mobile now, the savings is around $175. It would be more but I decided on a service upgrade and insurance on the phones.  The shed IS paid off, but that apparently is going to be a battle.  The internet isn't going away, it's just that it will be reduced to $60 per month instead of the around $225-$240 I'm currently paying.  I'll still be saving a substantial amount of money once I get all of this stuff hashed out.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to try to get an SBA loan. It's kind of a ridiculous process that is even more involved than a house mortgage, so I've heard and the paperwork definitely makes it appear that way. They do, indeed, have loans for business upgrades tho.  It's probably the best or one of the best routes to take, I just balk at the amount of junk I"ll have to go through in order to get it done and even then, there are no guarantees and beyond that, the interest rates.  I'd want enough to cover 15 more lots, a pool and a hot tub.  Around 175k if I don't do any of the work and farm it out to contractors.  I would need to get those 15 lots filled up relatively quickly after they are created in order to cover the mortgage. Actually, they would want to add my current mortgage to it so another 60k.  

Alright, forget this. I just did the online junk you have to fill out - pages and pages of it, to get an SBA loan process started.  I have no idea whether I will get any offers.  I've heard business credit has dried up considerably in this inflation/high interest rate atmosphere the government has artificially created.  But, I'm going to try.  It would be 20 lots instead of 15.  If I'm going to go for it, might as well get as much as I can out of it, just have to get a bit bigger septic system to handle 20. 

There is far more I'd like to do with the property, one thing at a time.  I would just pay the same contractor to do the additional lots.  I don't see myself doing the same quality job as they did plus a warranty.  Septic warranty will run out in a couple of months, besides having to have it pumped out occasionally I don't see a huge problem occuring with it unless the aerator pump might burn out or something. Solid concrete tanks, those aren't going to be breaking anytime soon. 

I'd also like a BBQ hut, a covered hangout area, another large shed for equipment and tools, etc.  I'd have to add another washer and dryer to cover additional people.  

I dunno, but I am getting offa here. Stuff I need to get done.  

No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...