Saturday, September 7, 2024

 Saturday - early

I've got work keeping me busy until Wednesday. I don't know what then, more work presumably.  Need it, don't want it, will take it.  

Meanwhile, on the "let's save some money" front... I just got billed by Cox cable, $227.  That's just internet, nothing else.  Unbelievable.  This gateway device I just had sent over there is the premium one and it's $60 per month, unlimited data and up to 66 devices can connect to it.  I'm just going to give it another day - well Monday - before I cancel.  Their happiness is important and access to the internet is obviously important, however, spending that much money every month on internet? No thank you.  It's been going on for a while.

Cox at some point a few years ago i think it was, decided that unlimited internet pricing would go up. And up. And up.  I had few options, not really any options tbh.  ATT lines in that neighborhood are totally screwed up and they won't fix them. I know this because I went through hell with them. I eventually had the price knocked down to $17 per month but the service was worthless so I ditched it altogether.  "We have no plans currently to upgrade in your neighborhood".  Once ATT was knocked out, there was no real competition.  

Not until Verizon came out with their version of an internet portal - which I tried at my park and they were charging me $500 per month for.  Then along came T Mobile.  An aggressive campaign to win over customers, they certainly won me over.  Say good bye to Cox cable!

That'll dump over $160 per month in expenses right there.  Then I was discussing the satellite over here.  The kids don't watch it anymore, they are stuck on YouTube and Netflix.  I hardly watch it now, I just want access to certain news channels but it appears I can get them with a cheap subscription to one of various apps I can install on my smart tv.  Any of the old movies or shows I like to watch? I'm just buy the whole seasons of certain western shows and star trek, the rest of it is bunk. The satellite channels show the same movies over and over and over.  

What I really dislike is this thing that both satellite companies do with agreeing to bring the price back down and then after a few months, they add a charge, then another, raise the prices and think I should have to eat it.  Well la de dah.  I am finding I don't even need it now.  I've been weaning myself off of it for it's not cheap and a complete waste of money now that I am hardly watching it. 

I don't know how much the one over here is right now, I think's it in the $130 range, the one in AZ is $177.  Per month, that is. I can't dump the one in Phoenix but I can switch back to Directv and get the price back down to somewhere around $120.  

That's it.  I didn't even turn the news on this morning.  It's the same old stuff. Orange man bad, Walz and Harris for the win! At least if you watch any of the legacy media outlets.  Most media you see on tv is controlled by the left and far left.  Even Fox news is managed by democrats, a thing that if you tell a leftist that, they start laughing as if what you're saying is false.  Well look it up yourself then.  They've slowly been bringing on left and far left commentators and "reporters" to their lineups.  

In all of that, you wonder who is actually telling the whole story and which ones are cutting pieces of truth out that are highly relevant to any given story. I'd say most all of them do that.  We are long and far gone from we report, you decide.  They think we are all too stupid to do that and they should be able to set the narrative for us.

Anyway, I am going to try and get out of the truck after returning today - Lord willing of course - and go back in the woods and do the walking thing again.  It is so much nicer to walk in the woods than traipsing around on concrete or asphalt in the city.  Seriously.  I see the same things over and over going around in huge circles, but I'll take that over people gawking at you wondering what you are doing in "their" neighborhood or if I'm walking a giant Great Dane, wanting to take pics with the dog and all of that stuff.  

With that, I must be out of here. It's 6:10 am and it's almost time to leave. 

G'day








No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...