Tuesday, September 17, 2024

 Tuesday mid-afternoon

I slept so poorly last night, it was a real struggle to get out of that truck at the Park this afternoon and get heading towards the trails.  A force sheer will to overcome that fatigue and just get it over with. I can't give into constant excuses. Going a few days without doing it is okay, but then I feel like I'd need to go 4 days in a row after that. Today is day 1.  It is warm and extremely muggy out there.  It isn't pleasant walking conditions on top of the desire to simply go home and relax.  

Social Security sent me a yearly statement of how much I will get, depending on what age I retire.  At 62, it $1,565 and goes up from there to age 70 where it's $2,756.  Ridiculous.  No wonder people complain about it all the time.  I'm sure you can  live off of that kind of money, but it's a pretty frugal existence I would imagine without having anything else saved up.  

This is why I started this RV park and it's why I'm looking at getting into some serious debt and hope it pays off.  But honestly?  Upgrade that park to 40 spaces with a pool, a spa, a doggy park and amenities shed and that property is worth around 600k or more at current market prices.  

When I say serious debt, however, I'm not talking a million dollars. I'm talking putting the property into it, the extra lots which I figure is going to cost around 120k - just guessing off of what they charged me for Phase 1 and factoring in inflation - and a pool setup with spa? No clue. 70k?  That's 250k, which is not a huge loan in my view.  Shouldn't be a huge payment, either, no more than 2 grand per month anyway.  It's kind of a deal breaker, tho, if I can't get a pool and a hot tub in there.  The only alternative would be to put covered parking over many, most or all lots.  That is highly popular I have noticed at the parks that install them. I don't think they look particularly good and they are expensive.  

The ones that look nice start at 6k plus and go well up from there. I've seen a park that just opened up recently, they started installing what looks to be home made version of it, just pipe for the stands and I guess galvanized for the roofs and they have filled that park up. It is extremely ugly looking.  People want the shade is the point and if they are long term, the protection they provide from the elements - sun and rain - eating away at their roofs. 

It isn't likely that I won't have any of them if a loan were to go through.  At least put 10 of them up at an elevated price and see what happens.  

No word from the contractor yet, tho I don't expect I'll get a quote particularly fast.  It's going to be a process and no, I have no guarantees of getting the loan but it's all I have right now.  Waiting for eternity isn't helpful and isn't conducive towards expansion.  If I were to get a higher interest loan, if interest rates ever come down, I can refinance it at some point.  

Here's what I can do if a pool won't be financed: Get a good, used hot tub, poor a cement slab somewhere and at least have that.  I've seen RV parks who have put put above ground pools and built wood decking all around it at a fraction of the cost of a built in pool.  Not as nice, but it's something.  I can get a good used hot tub for around 4 or 5k.  Hook up a water line to it, run the 220 volt and walaah, you have an instant recreational spot.  

Anyway, I have a lot of irons in the fire atm, just waiting on replies.

Meanwhile, I did, indeed, send Allen a text last night. I had had enough. I am not giving away free lot rent for next to no work being done at all.  "So.  You never came back, Renee has been gone quite a while. The grass is getting mowed every several weeks but there is no trimming so the stuff around the driveways is a foot tall.  My agreement was with you, not your kids. Nothing against them but they are highly unmotivated.  So it's up to you. I don't have park hosts and necessary work isn't getting done here. If you want to pay lot rent then I'm fine either way it and I'll go another route".  I guess I missed a word at the end there.

The point was made. You want to keep your situation, do something about this.  And he did.  I came back from the run today and all of the grass was mowed and trimmed. This should be done every week. There was a lot of texting back and forth after that message, of course, but I'm not going into all of that.  I got results and that's what matters.  The kids were saying they need weed killer for the grass.  Yes, but that doesn't preclude the need to trim the damn grass.  What, are you going to just mow the grass and leave the stuff around the pads up?  It looked stupid, I should have taken pics of it.  Like grass half mowed.  What on earth. 

So, I hope to have that under control, but now I'm going to just tell him every week - the grass needs mowed (if it does. indeed, need it).   

One of the other drivers that's been trying to cut in front of me lately finally got it right today. He didn't show up until 11:30 am.  I should have been out of there long before then, but they were transferring product from the kettle to the cooling unit, I had to wait.  Over an hour.

Diet. I'm actually still doing a version of Keto, with a lot less meat and mostly getting rid of as much fats as possible.  I dunno what to tell ya, I was down to 217 and then this morning right back up to 220. Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.  I didn't eat that much yesterday so I guess I have to rack it up to going 3 days without the walking?  

So, let's see what happens when I walk 5 days in a row.  I just have to do it regardless of what's going on.  I check my weight every morning so maybe after 3 days I'll see it go back down? Or what?  No clue.  My legs are aching from today, they will probably be aching tomorrow as well.





No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...