Thursday, October 10, 2024

 Well that's over with.  We got there and the guy was saying they can't just put the title over in my name, they have to register it as well.  Well dang.  I was thinking a lot of money because the truck is worth a bit, 16-18k on the market.  We stood there discussing this back and forth and I just said well let's see how much it's going to cost to register it in my name?  The thing is, they had trouble doing it with my brother and the car she gave him last week.  

But, this guy made it much easier than what they went through last week.  The end of the story is that I have the truck registered and titled in Arizona in my name at my house and they are going to send all of the stuff to the house in Texas.  For $40.  Yeah, I was almost shocked, I really thought a lot more. Much easier to just transfer a title already in my name than one in another name that also has a living trust attached to it.  That was the point, bypass the living trust stuff.  So, I don't think it was wasteful in that regard to go ahead and do it here only to have to do it all over again in Texas.  

It gives me 30 days to figure out how much that's going to cost me, but the thing is, it said it was almost a thousand dollars.  Crazy.  A 15 year old vehicle costing me that much because it's a new-to-me vehicle so they are going to charge tax on it.  

Anyway, it's good to have that over with and I already put insurance on it, don't want to be driving it around without insurance obviously. The truck needs a good interior cleaning but otherwise it's in good shape.  

Arizona is a swing state. I've been sitting here watching the smear tactic ads coming from both sides against the other. It's absolutely brutal.  I've seen nothing like these ads in Texas but that's because we aren't really a swing state.  I wouldn't say Texas is a solid red state what with Houston, Dallas, Austin and other towns but it's more so red than blue.  I just sitting here in awe the viciousness of the attacks. I'm assuming these are coming from super pacs.  

Well, mom wants to go eat, I'll have to get back to this later.  

_________________

Good taste in food, Mexican food more specifically.  

Meanwhile just sitting here watching all of the news and reels and videos of people in dilemmas of what to do.  I mean, if we're talking a Cat 5 hurricane, I'm outta there.  Helene was bad enough and those people haven't really even cleaned up after the first one.  They're predicting landfall Wednesday night.  I think if I lived in Florida - and I don't because of things like this and house sized mosquitoes - I would have a pile of plywood and screws readily available in a shed, on-property, to deal with this stuff last minute notice and then get the heck out of there.

Yes, it will likely downsize, but a Cat 3 can wreak horrible damage.  Not like it turns into a puff of wind and then it's gone.  I feel for those people, definitely, but again, I don't live in Florida for a reason and it's been a long, long time since I've been down there.  I remember getting stuck in Miami once long ago when I took a truckload of stuff down there but they couldn't find anything to get me back out of there. After something like 5 days I told the company they either get me out or I'm just driving out of there regardless.  I wasn't getting paid at all. 

Oh, I'm thinking I'll just drive 10 to 20 for the route back. I kinda need to make up my mind soon because using those credit card points for hotels, you kind of need to do it in advance.  I was thinking make it to Odessa the first day and finish it out after.  

It is very warm in this house.  It's still hot here and she just doesn't like it too cool.  I'm actually mildly sweating sitting here.  Which when you are in that all day long....Grin and bear it.  2-1/2 days and I'm out of here.  Plus I'm going to see a friend either tonight or tomorrow, I'm waiting on him to tell me when and Thursday will be dining with my son and spending some time together.  I wouldn't mind driving around and seeing all the changes here since I've moved out of this place.  

There seems to be a helluva lot of people either changing their minds about voting for Kamala and therefore voting for Trump or not voting for Kamala as they were going to but not voting for Trump either. Either way, Trump picks up gains.  I don't believe these polls.  I just don't.  There are 3 or more historically democrat supporting unions that have decided they aren't going to support either party.  That's a win.  

I dunno, I haven't looked at the metrics of any of these polls, I might start doing that again. Find out what sampling they took of each party.  I saw so many in the 2016 polls that were sampling more democrats than republicans even the parties have pretty much the same percentage of eligible voters.  Many of the polls are run by leftists.....

I get calls once in a while to do a survey, they find out I'm conservative and then it ends, lol.  

No comments:

 I ended up getting a Lyft to the airport, found it in the same condition as I left it excepting a half flat tire and a paint scratch that d...