Sunday - late afternoon
What it boiled down to was, yes, I went to work today. I slept like HELL last night, it was going to be a long miserable day. But that only came partially to pass.
Why?
Remember when I said the dispatcher wanted me to go up there, to El Dorado, pick up a tractor, then head over to a town near Shreveport, pick up a trailer and then go down and load in Lufkin? Yea, all of that.
So, I got up early, 5 am, not uber-early but that's early enough, especially after having been on vacation a total of 10 days and not sleeping well - at all - the night before. Umm, it was still night when I left lol.
I drove up there in my pickup, got in the truck fired it up, started my log book, did a pretrip, transferred my drinks and stuff from the pickup to the truck and then.....sat there doing my log book. I noticed the air coming out of the vents was not cold.
I proceeded to take off - this leg of the trip was no trailer attached. I got a few miles down the road and still no air. Contacted dispatch. Did you know the AC isn't working in this truck? It was going to be in the high 90's today with real feel in the 100's, no thanks. She replied, oh just give it a minute, we just had the ac fixed in it.
She's a kind soul and very nice person, but half the time she doesn't know what she's talking about. If the AC is working, it starts working right away. It might take a minute for cold air to come out? Yes. But 20 minutes? NO.
I kept driving just to make her happy, after another 10 minutes I pulled over to the side of the road and texted her again. "It's not working I wouldn't have agreed to this if I knew this in advance"
She replied she wouldn't have asked me if she had known. She went on to how it was JUST in the shop and it was working fine after they were through with it. Yes, well if it's leaking freon that badly, I thought, they should have at least looked for it, found the problem and fixed it.
"It's going to be mid 90 heat, index in the 100's. I really don't want to do this."
"I'll call the customer". "I'm bring it back.". I didn't ask permission. It was already hot and sitting in that hot truck literally all day long was a non-happening event. Are any of the other drivers driving without ac? No. Would they? Probably only if it broke while they were on their way somewhere and would be demanding to get it fixed immediately.
IT'S FLAT ASS HOT OUTSIDE. IT GETS MUCH HOTTER INSIDE OF THE CAB OF A TRUCK THAT HAS NO AC.
I wasn't wasting any more words, I drove straight back to the yard, did a post trip inspection, noted the ac isn't working, got my stuff out and drove home. I actually was so tired I had to stop and take a nap for 15 minutes - which made me feel fine and the rest of the drive home went without any issue.
Well, except: The AC in my pickup isn't working correctly either! I'm taking it into a shop probably tomorrow. I'm guessing the semi will be done tomorrow as well and I will try to get a ride over there to pick it up. I'll guess beyond that that I have to work on Tuesday - but who knows? They often times get the beginning days of the week covered in advance.
_________________
Many hours later. I kind of think that truck having broken ac was a gift from God. It would have been an incredibly miserable day trying to drive that long and get all of that done with so little sleep. I am not working tomorrow - they have Mondays covered by the previous Friday because they don't like to work weekends doing scheduling stuff. Allegedly the truck will be done sometime tomorrow. I dunno, but if I drive down the road and the ac quits working, I'm turning that truck around and taking it right back to the shop.
BTW, the truck they wanted me to drive was a very junky truck, older than the hills and had a 10 speed in it. I'm used to a 13 speed which can handle the loads much better.
There are other things to discuss, but I have to keep my mouth zipped on some of it for now. A revelation came out about a situation going on here that really was incredible. Incredibly bad, maybe incredulous is a better term for it's amazing this has now happened the second time. I wish I could go into details.
I don't really know what I'm doing tomorrow. It's so hot I abhor going outdoors. I've been keeping up with politics to some degree but I haven't really been discussing it too much. The hate and anger coming from the left is something I just don't want to deal with. I don't remember Republicans being so filled with rage and anger over Obama and some of the things he did, such as Obamacare - which he later admitted was designed to fail, so that they could initiate single payor healthcare system, otherwise known as full blown socialism.
Trump is Trump and he makes me laugh the way he handles the press. They treated him very poorly during the Russian collusion hoax - I don't really think many of those people actually thought it was real, they just didn't like Trump so they didn't care if they printed outright lies.
Oh, I got a 2 hour nap this afternoon lol. That's what I did now that I'm thinking about it. I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open, I just passed out. That's what needs to happen - AT NIGHT TIME!
So I'm forcing myself to stay up a bit later than I should because of that and not wanting to set the conditions for waking up yet again and not being able to go back to sleep - too long of naps will do that.
With that, however, I'm outta here.
No comments:
Post a Comment