Wednesday night.
Short here.
We took the kids to church but I ended up getting them.
I've been doing it for years, mom wants more involvement which is okay. I just don't want to be eliminated from this deal. Which if it happens, I'll just let it go and relish in the fact that the kids have been exposed to the Gospel and teachings of Christ and that's enough.
She was busy anyway. I got there to pick up youngest from the children's church. Retrieving him I was walking out of the church when the pastor - who was leaning up against the wall - made a comment. I didn't quite get it at first. Huh?
I commend you for everything you've done for that family. This wasn't any type of confrontational situation here, don't let it fool you the way I'm saying it, I'm just getting to the point without a lot of "stuff" added in. I think it gets boring (or even irritating) and I don't like doing that. I mean, I engage in conversations as they are fluid, but going into extremely specific details isn't my thing unless the situation really warrants it when writing about it.
Hmm, perhaps that's not too great thinking about it, some or a lot of context can be lost. The pastor is in his 70's and apparently he's not doing 2 services on Sunday now, he's doing 3. I didn't know they had kept the 8 am service.
Anyway, I really didn't know what he was talking about for sure, I just figured it had to do with the baptism. Oh yes, that's it, he started out with "I hear you are baptizing people on Sunday". When I got down to what was on his mind, he said he had seen the video of it and it made him cry. The youth minister - she's the head of a huge children's network and in the church the programs for the children and intensely involved with everything - came in on that one.
I was saying I wanted to see this video before Sunday, please. She asked why, do you think it's going to make you cry? Well yes. It made the pastor cry I want to be prepared. Well it's supposed to be a surprise. Ok, I'll watch it after service on Sunday when I get home - they post all of it on Facebook.
There is no issue here. I'll see it eventually. I tried to show up on time to see the taping of it on Sunday, but I arrived as they were leaving and it was already over with. I'm going to do what I have been tasked with, I want to do it and I think it will turn out great. I have never baptized anyone but it's a pretty simple process - still - I started praying about it today, this morning to be exact.
If God wants to speak to those 2 through this, I don't want to hinder it and I want to facilitate it if that's what He wants me to do. I'm open, God's will be done here.
The pastor is a really great guy and he just kept going on about how great it is what I've done with that family.
I do get what other people's perspective may be of it, I had no idea what they were saying in those interviews but now I have an idea - ugh. Sorry, I'm not in it for accolades, that all goes to Christ, all glory, honor and praise to Him!
HE is the one orchestrating all of this in my view of it, I don't want to piss on anyone's party or parade, I just want the real thankfulness to be directed to the King of Kings, the Lord of lords, the Prince of Peace. That's Jesus : ) I'm sure these people know that, I just feel uncomfortable with that kind of verbiage being directed my way. What can I say.
I'm going to be early tonight, I"m worn out for whatever reason and want to try and get in some "extra" sleep.
Editing here: if it made the pastor cry, is the whole church going to be crying too? Oh myyy.
Nite.
No comments:
Post a Comment