Monday, August 29, 2011

Tenant/IRS

I had a potential renter show up over here an hour or so ago. I knew he was coming, I didn't know he had just flown in from Ohio. He looked around the house and then the "yard" area. No grass. No. No grass. Just the pockets of it growing that I don't want. I love grass, don't get me wrong, but in these parts at this time of year? A yard of grass is watering it daily and mowing it frequently. If you don't water it daily in the heat, it's either going to die or it's not going to look very good.

I made the decision early on not to have grass, and then later decided on a small patch of it. The dogs ruined it and I decided that decorative landscaping rock is the way to go. As many other Phoenicians also do.

So we come back inside and talking for a while. He was honest, if nothing else: the inside of your house is beautiful, the outside, I don't like it. Why? There's no grass!! Yes, I can imagine coming from Ohio you are used to seeing grass EVERYWHERE. You will see grass here, yes, but you will definitely NOT see it everywhere. The common landscaping theme here is very nice looking, decorative landscaping rock.

Many homes that do have grass don't have their entire property surrounded with it. They'll have a patch of it for looks. There are areas with irrigation that have entire properties surrounded with grass, yes. There are houses that install the sprinkler systems and have grass all around, yes, but the majority of landscaping in the Phoenix area is rock, not grass.

Just an FYI. He wasn't happy with it, no biggies. I'll be happy to get a 3rd renter in here, yes, but I am not desperate - or if I was - I wouldn't show it to a potential renter, that's for sure.

I had another call today that wanted to come see it tomorrow. He asked a lot of questions, which I happily answered all of them. He sounded comfortable with it and we set tomorrow for him to come over and that was the end of that call. 2 minutes later, he calls back: Do you have dogs? I'm afraid of dogs. My ads plainly state that not only do I have dogs, I have very LARGE dogs. It's conspicuous, it's plainly stated. Well, that put that guy off.

I have yet another guy that might come over, but only if I'm awake. He wants to show up at 9:00 pm.

So, this room is being stubborn. I'll get it rented, of that I am confident, I just don't know how much longer it will take. It's near the end of the month, I am hoping to get increased hits because people are looking to move at the end of any given month.

IRS. Well, their site said my refund would be sent on the 26th. So today, I was thinking, hmmm: maybe it will get here? Nooooooo, no way are they that efficient. I get home and check my mail: 3 checks for the 3 years that I filed.

I ended up with more than I expected out of that haul, so, good to get something to buffer the account a bit.

That's it.

G'nite.

ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tuesday
So, uhh, this pain in my side isn't exactly going away. I figured it would pass through and I would just get it over with.
So, tomorrow after work I am going in for the CT scan, find out for sure whatever is going on in there and - hopefully get it dealt with.

This thing is actually waking me up at night and keeping me awake, hence the desire to get it dealt with, sooner versus later.

Lots going on in this world. Too much to keep up with all of it. I have been watching some of the 911 shows that Nat Geo has been showing, but Bush interview is a classic as far as I'm concerned, I've watched it twice now. You don't really see much of Bush on the airwaves anymore - I wonder how many Secret Service agents he has to have around him when he goes out, considering the extreme hatred that apparently still exists against him? I don't get it and let it go, is all I can say about that.

What is the irony of all of these US states that are being flooded with more water than they could ever use right now in contrast to other US states that are in severe drought? Oh, that you could just "ship" the water from one state to another.

For that and since the Federal government loves to waste tax payer money, I propose a giant pipeline be installed from one side of the country to the other. 3,000 miles of ductile iron pipe, at least 5 foot diameter, costing what, $200 per foor just for the pipe? Plus the cost of labor and any easement lawsuits. Oh, and pumps, fittings and all the rest of it. I bet you could dump a trillion dollars just into a project like that! Look at all the jobs it would create!

We could bring the state of Texas right out of it's drought condition and pump all of it's lakes and reservoirs full of water from various rivers throughout the US. A preposterous idea? No more so than dumping a trillion dollars into the economy and seeing it vanish into thin air, with no more result than - having had wasted a trillion dollars.

My project, at least, would have some kind of result!! I'm not being serious here, folks.

The work day is here. I was sleeping so hard when the alarm went off this morning - considering I spent half the night tossing and turning attempting to get comfortable - yes, this reminds me the first time I had kidney stones - that the alarm clock had been going off fully 8 minutes before I finally woke up. I don't think the dogs were too happy about it.

Ummm, that's it and.....
g'day.

ben

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...