Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday 10/10/2011

Well that was interesting.
I get a lot of "I haven't even seen the guy yet" on the newest 2 tenants. One comes and goes - the other finally spent a night here last night. In fact, none of the newest round is here much. When they are, you hardly see them. Were that all tenants that I found were this way!

A Airstream Argosy, 1979 vintage. People are still in love with those old Airstreams, I have always liked them as well. I had posted yet another ad to buy a trailer on payments to see if there might be any interest. Most people are not going to get into that kind of situation with a complete stranger and understandably so.

The guy contacts me and says it's in great shape - except - the AC is broken and the bathtub is broken, both need to be replaced. Well at the right price, a person could replace that stuff and come out pretty well. I didn't figure the price was right, though. He claims it's a "steal" at $1,700.00 - I thought differently. A new AC unit runs $800 to $1,000, which doesn't include tax thank you. I don't know what a new bath tub runs, but whatever it is, highly doubtful you are going to find an exact replacement for the one in there, so not only are you going to have to buy a new one, you are going to have to modify the entire set up in there. My guess, anyway.

I was attempting to look up pricing on these old things, one person had a price at $1,500 for one of the things if it was in good condition. I guess that means everything working.

I decided no thanks unless he was willing to come down to $1,000.

Haven't heard back from him, doubt I will. If he wants to get his money out of the thing, he is going to have to fix those thing first.

There are 2 RV trailers, fifth wheels in there that I WISH I had the money for. One at $4,000, the thing is in excellent condition. The other at $3,500, it is in great condition.

Oh well. There is one thing, though, that helps my savings account out tremendously: when all 3 rooms are rented and at this time of year when electric use is going WAY down? I can save a bit more.

Umm, well time is running out. "They" are predicting highs of as high as 104 this week! I hope "they" are wrong again. The forecast changes daily, it's ridiculous.

Anyway, g'day.

ben

No comments:

 Saturday - Noon Got up late, was going to go with the folks to the soccer game but, they left far too early for me to even get going.  To t...