Friday, April 16, 2021

 Friday morning.  

1st full day off in weeks, literally weeks.  

My plan was to get the pond going and go check out some properties.

My plans - were disrupted.  It's going to rain - allllll day long.  That makes putting the pond up impossible, I need a dry day for that.  The reason is I put thick duct tape over the overlaps on the trough - keep it from potentially puncturing the liner down the road.  

Going to look at properties? I dunno yet. Maybe. Just plan on getting wet I guess.  The "new" property yesterday I discarded as a non-starter.  Too much road noise and machinery noise from the auto salvage yard next door - which pervades the entire property with noise.  And the lack of access. The owner is claiming a gate at the side of the property - which you have to cross another property to get to and use a mini storage driveway - is the access to it.

? That's not access. That's the owner of the property not knowing you're using their nice, concrete driveway to get to your property.  They certainly aren't going to want a bunch of RV's driving up through there and then?  You get to the easement to get to the property - it's power lines running through the first property and then the one that's for sale - and it's not wide enough to build a decent road.  I don't get how all of these properties can be landlocked, but they are.  There's a 28 acre property that looks perfect as well for cheap - cheap because....there is no legal access to it.  

My thoughts return to the - overpriced property - that is in a great location in a great neighborhood. Perhaps price per acre is mitigated by the location. It's still iffy to me tho because of that road going through it that is used by an oil and gas company that has a natural gas well operation going on. A portion of that well site - small portion - is on the property, the rest is on the property next door.  Anyway, I just asked the realtor to ask if they decided to add any property onto that deal.  That would mitigate that road and would also add the needed two extra acres to qualify for the loan. 

Taylor quit her job yesterday, so she will be a stay at home mom now, they're dragging the 4 year old out of daycare permanently at the end of the month.  That's going to drive her insane I believe. That boy is  5 handfuls for the caretakers at the daycare and one of them even asked her how she was going to be able to handle that boy.  I dunno, but that is her current chosen path, so beit.

I think I will go look at at least two properties.  I'm going to drag Addler with me.  He probably won't like the rain, too bad so sad, get over it dog.  He can come home after that and lounge in my bedroom the rest of the day.  He likes that, lol.  He could spend the rest of his life in my bedroom and think nothing of it.  

No other news? I dunno, my mind is somewhat consumed with this land search.  I gotta get this done and over with. Yes I have 90 days but I don't want to wait that long.  Although the thought occurred that the tax lien sale will occur before that 90 day window is up.  Could go to that auction.  It's still too far off, they don't have anything listed for it yet.  It's another month and a half before the next sale.  I have plenty of cash right now, I could definitely land some acreage if anything was available. At the same time, the monthly payment for the 12 acres I'm about to go look at would be $321 per month - without taxes or insurance.  

And it is raining again. It stopped for half an hour and now it's right back at it, with heavy rain coming, at least judging by the radar map.  I have an umbrella, lol.

Have a great day.


No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...