Tuesday, August 17, 2021

 Hot! So muggy outside, even 85 degrees felt like well into the 100's.

Nevertheless, I trudged the eastern part of the property where the rear of it begins looking for those 2 elusive corner markers - and found both.  The one near the driveway was hidden in some brush, the other one at the far east corner was much further east than I thought it would be.

In fact, having so much difficulty finding it, I got out the survey notes, noted that it's almost 300 feet from the corner marker I had just found and walked around 95 steps that direction and then started looking.  It was well up the other side of a hill - it goes down, there's a stream at the bottom and then back up.  It wasn't terrible far off the easement I just hadn't looked that far east to find it. 

After that, go find the hunting camera.  I found it, brought it home, downloaded 285 pics and found - nothing more than the trip over there and to the point I had hung it up on the tree, it took a pic of my face and then I realized that the camera is well off angle, there is no way it would be able to take pics of wildlife on the ground. The pic of me was my face and I was looking down at it.  

So, I will have to go back and try again.  Not today, thank you, I was boiling, roasting hot by the time I left there.  A bit disappointing, but not the end of my world, the next day I have off I'll go back and hang it again, this time making sure it's at the correct angle.  It is interesting tho that it didn't take ANY  pics at all, no birds, branches moving in the breeze, I wonder if I had done something wrong in it's setup? yet it too pics all the way from the time I turned it on to the time I hung it up. 

I've got it set up on my computer desk, I'll leave it for the day like that and then check to see if it's taking pics of anything throughout the day.  A red light comes on when it's activated tho, and it's coming on, a bit perplexing.  

The rest of the day? Well, I ordered the wrong chop saw from Home Depot.  When I realized the mistake, I immediately canceled the order - but they still sent it to me anyway : ) So now, I have to drive 2 cities over to return it to the nearest Home Depot. That or get stuck with a saw I will likely never use.  At $285, I don't want to pay for a saw I'll never use....

But I'm feeling highly unmotivated.  I'm sure I have a while to take it back, but at the same time I don't want kids getting into it, tearing open the box and then having Home Depot say no thanks, you opened it.  

Well, that's it. No word from anyone about anything.  I even texted my dispatcher about Friday and heard nothing back from her.  Well, that's all nice fine and dandy, but she needs to acknowledge she received the text and a yes or a no. If it's no, I'll contact the title company and ask them to move it out until next week.  

No comments:

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...