Friday, January 7, 2022

 Another phone call later - to the insurance agency - and the lady said yes, actually there is an estimate on file.  Why didn't the first person I talked to find this information?  It would have saved me literally HOURS of phone calls.  Whatever the case, she sent it to me and I was correct: it's more than enough to replace the house, including everything that would have to be done to install it on the property. Thought so.  I wouldn't want less than replacement cost, that would be rather useless.  

So, I sent that info to this loan officer and a few hours later, he says they are going to do a "last minute verification of employment" and then "we are golden".  Huh? I already verified my employment, including sending pay stubs. They called my employer to verify that I'm working there. What more do they need? 

As I said, this stuff grew old, long ago.  The interest rate is locked until the 8th.  Well that's tomorrow, thanks, I hope they are able to extend it.  It's a ridiculously low interest rate that you really should take advantage of if you are able to and need it.  Refinancing isn't always the best option, but in this case? Definitely the best path to take for me. 

Just before our money becomes worthless, I'd like to get this thing rolling, lol. I'm telling you, if they are ever able to pass the BBB reconciliation bill, we ain't seen nothing yet as far as inflation.  I don't want them to pass it to prove me right, I don't want to be right.  

There will be no signing tomorrow even if they can get the paperwork done.  Unless the signing can be done online, there is no way I am in Phoenix, Arizona, tomorrow lol. That's because I'll be heading down to Brownsville yet again!  This last trip took it out of me.  I really would have like a day off, but oh well. I had a lot of today off, I guess.  I went to meet up with James and Taylor at the restaurant, had a social outing and came home, went to sleep for a while and now just lounging in my office chair. 

I informed the loan officer I needed advance notice to make sure I can be in town for the signing. That was a few weeks ago, he never replied to it. Of course he didn't.  The real kicker here is that getting a flight to Phoenix is highly risky.  I've seen nothing but cancellations by the thousands since before Christmas of flights due to "Covid", they say. Perhaps that's partially true, but I suspect pilots are still doing a version of a strike without calling it one.  

Just ordered a Mammoth dog bed for Addler. His current bed is old and is worn down from his weight.  I like my doggies to be comfortable when they are in the bedroom.  Good support is better for their joints as well.  

And that's it.  I did not go to the property today, I simply didn't feel like it. Well I drove by there.  The contractor hasn't responded, if he shows up Monday with equipment, I will probably be there if this is a 2 day trip.  Lately, however, the company in Mexico hasn't been keeping up with empty trailers - which is great, we get detention pay - but right now, not knowing if he's coming or not? I'd like to be in town. This is the way it's been with all contractors in this area, they are busy and you are on their terms. They don't say it that way, of course, but that's what it really boils down to.  

Oh, and the sign is ordered.  If they don't want to deal with me on a civil level, then I will deal with it another way. "Speed limit 10 mph violators will be trespassed".  No, I can't stop the companies from coming in there, but I can stop individuals from those companies from coming in there.  It actually doesn't bother me that they are going in there, as long as they are not creating a disturbance. I want these people to understand right off the bat that I can't have them speeding down the driveway like that.  At least 2 of them go in there once a day, every single day. They aren't in there long, but they are going 30, 35 and even more down that driveway.  Those people are being paid an hourly wage to check all of these gas wells, let them earn it.  I have no sympathy, I am governed at 68 mph, all day long, every single day.  I got used to it, so can they!  

THEY have their OWN sign up that says in large lettering: SPEED LIMIT 10 MPH.  So, it's not like I'm trying to do anything that they haven't already established.     

Ok, I'm obviously not going to hear back from the lender today.  It's past his work hours. Doesn't matter, really, but just trying to get a handle on when this thing will be ready to sign off and hand me a check or transfer money to my account.  

With that, I'm offa here.  


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me that is NOT what yer sign is gonna say!! "will be trespassed"??LOL

BenB said...

Yup, only on the gas operators driveway. I'm tired of dealing with these people and asking them politely. I found out I have the right to stop any of them if I want to, I don't know if I really have the right to trespass them from the property, but I'm willing to find out if they don't slow down and start adhering to even their own company's policy.

BenB said...

And I would have added more words to the sign to make it grammatically correct lol but that was all it would allow. I'm fine with them thinking I'm a dumb truck driver, don't care really.

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...