Sunday, October 23, 2022

 Sunday.

One of the group (their friends which will likely be my friends as well if this all continues) changed their moving plans from - the 5th of next month - to today.

Yea, that was a bit of a surprise. They can't move by themselves, they need help both manpower and truck/vehicle power.  

I really wasn't keen on spending my Sunday moving people.  This was not my first rodeo, it takes all day long, it wears you out and you are toast by the time you get home.  But I just got with the plan, said fine, let's get this started so that we can - eventually - get this over with.  I went to the property, got the trailer, back to the house.  Over to the apartment, start loading the heavy stuff.

That's all I was there for, get the heavy/larger stuff done.  The boys/ladies could do the boxing stuff.  It was a team effort, there is no doubt about that.  There were 5 of us to start with plus kids, several hours later another family showed up to boost the effort of  - let's get this over with, thanks.  

Up and down stairs for hours, we finally got the first load on the trailer and headed over to the house.  We had just started unloading and were in their new living room when we saw a paint roller going up and down the window. Yes, the window.  Whoever owns the place had done a bunch of painting and had left the roller and paint out on the back porch.

The 5 year old decided it was a great idea to pain the bricks and the window, gag.  That was probably an hour's worth of going to get  a garden hose and pressure washer from the house, getting it to the new house, hooking all of that up and James getting all of that stuff off of there.  

Back to work, unload the trailer and back to the apartment.  It was over 6 hours.  I had put crackpot chicken recipe in the crockpot this morning - completely forgot about it until we were about to leave the house and head home. I'm famished, was my decree.  I had had chicken salad sandwich this morning before we left.  No one wanting to cook, it just popped into my head: Crackpot chicken!  

That hit the spot for everyone and no great effort to finish, which was cooking bacon and crumbling it and chopping green onions.

And now...I am definitely toast.  Just winding down, relaxing, trying to get into sleep mode because I am totally out of it.

Plans changed for tomorrow. The boys were going to go to daycare, but Taylor's work changed and she had to load a bunch of stuff into her pickup, into the back seat.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow, she couldn't have that stuff in the bed. Can you take the boys to the daycare tomorrow?  Yup, I can or they can just stay home with me. 

They want to go see some alligator cartoonish type of movie that's in the theaters right now. I can take a day off from the property, actually 2 days since I didn't work over there today. I did check my posts for the sign, the quickcrete is still wet.  I doubt it will dry out for several days if it's going to rain tomorrow. 

No biggies.  Once it dries out I can drill the holes and get that sign up.  However.  The chainsaws are sitting in the woods and I really don't want them sitting in the rain.  I'm going to bring them home tomorrow and fix the chains on them.  

Anyway, I'm too tired to do any research tonight. It's just time to go to bed.  

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...