Thursday, December 15, 2022

 I decided to lower the rates after giving some thought to it.

I need to give an incentive for people to check the park out, setting rates the same as everyone else might not be the best move.  I have no reviews, ratings, nothing from anyone because -no one has ever stayed there before. 

I lowered it by $5, which puts me below the only real competitor in town.  Although they have tight spaces and not that many - more than mine but for something that has been in existence forever, you'd think they would upgrade - they still manage to get decent reviews. They have a fishing pond which is a huge plus for them.  

Still, it's the worst time of year to be opening  a park. Winter and Christmastime. People up north have either already headed down this way and are wherever they are, or they winterize their rig and they are done for the season. The only real people I could possibly find right now are long term tenants.  

So, I didn't drastically reduce the rate but I did bring it down enough to compensate for other parks in the area. I need to get people in there and get some - good -reviews going. We'll see about the good reviews, it's lacking in amenities which is a definitely not a good thing.  No laundry, no clubhouse, no bathroom with showers.  I simply don't have the funds for any of that. 

I mean, I might be able to squeeze by a laundry facility after I find a job, go back to work and get some funds coming in.  But it's really going to take a large loan to get the things in there that I want and need.  

Whatever.

The kids woke me up at 6:00 am.  Mom was outside smoking and the boys were making all kinds of racket just outside my bedroom door, standing next to the toaster.  They know not to wake me up in the morning - or wake anyone up really that is sleeping.  I was never able to get back to sleep so I just ended up getting out of bed much earlier than normal.  Perhaps that's a good thing and I really need to start doing that every day?

It's cold outside, near freezing.  That isn't going to stop me from going over and working today, but it definitely slowed me down, lol.  

I did start listing the park in the directories yesterday.  There are a lot of them, I am only doing it in the ones that are free.  With only 14 spaces, it doesn't make sense to spend money on directories and some of the good ones are free.  This was highly encouraged by the site designer - but makes sense. You end up with "backlinks" that not only give your site more traffic, but also will end up causing your Google rating to go up.  It takes quite a bit of time, lol. 

I'm picking up more junk off the ground today if the ground isn't too wet - I need to be able to take the trailer back there and I'm not risking getting stuck if the ground is still too wet from all the rain.  The sun is shining and that's a huge plus regardless of what I get done today.  

Oh, I knew it was cold today without even looking at the temps. I don't run my space heater in the room at night, no point in wasting electricity when one can just pull more covers over yourself.  But, I sat up and it was freezing in here.  In fact, the heater has now been running for an hour and it has just started to warm up a bit.  

Well, I think I'll add the park to some more directories while letting it warm up a bit outside. Later on today, the older boy is in a choir thing at school - that's not until 5:30 but I am taking them since mom and dad are not going to be available.  Daddy will make it there in time for the actual concert tho, he just won't be home in time to get him to the school for the preparation.  

G'day. 










No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...